Author Topic: Jet-Powered Hypocrisy: Bill Gates Cites His Own Importance to Climate Debate for Massive Carbon Foot  (Read 208 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Jet-Powered Hypocrisy: Bill Gates Cites His Own Importance to Climate Debate for Massive Carbon Footprint

Bill GatesLEON NEAL/POOL/AFP via Getty Images
SIMON KENT8 Feb 2023621

A self-regarding Bill Gates cited his own perceived centrality to the global climate debate for his constant use of private jets.

Broadcaster Amol Rajan from the BBC asked Gates in an interview that aired last Friday how he responds to criticism he uses private planes generating outsized carbon emissions while urging political and business leaders to act aggressively against “climate change.”

Gates replied he more than offsets his own emissions by paying for the removal of atmospheric carbon dioxide. He was speaking after having flown to Kenya before the interview.

“Well, I buy the gold standard, of funding Climeworks, to do direct air capture that far exceeds my family’s carbon footprint,” the Microsoft co-founder said, repeating an argument often used by other members of the global elites.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2023/02/08/jet-powered-hypocrisy-bill-gates-cites-his-own-importance-to-climate-debate-for-massive-carbon-footprint/
« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 12:16:45 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Don't you know who I am?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis