Author Topic: Craig Idso on CO2 Benefits: A Summary  (Read 173 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Craig Idso on CO2 Benefits: A Summary
« on: February 09, 2023, 11:59:23 am »
Craig Idso on CO2 Benefits: A Summary
By Robert Bradley Jr. -- February 8, 2023

“Over the past quarter-century I have archived a number of studies on my CO2 Science website about the incredible benefit that the world is experiencing as the air’s CO2 content continues its upward rise. It will give you a whole new perspective on the many benefits of atmospheric CO2 enrichment.”

Dr. Craig Idso, chair of the Center for the Study of Carbon Dioxide and Global Change, wrote a series of posts last year at MasterResource about how rising atmospheric carbon dioxide (CO2) benefits humanity and nature. These posts are linked and summarized below.

The Many Benefits of Rising Atmospheric CO2 — An Introduction (April 6, 2022)

“Atmospheric carbon dioxide: you can’t see, hear, smell or taste it. But it’s there—all around us—and it’s crucial for life…. Ironically, far too many demonize and falsely label this important atmospheric trace gas a pollutant. Nothing could be further from the truth. Instead of being shunned like the plague, the ongoing rise in CO2 should be welcomed with open arms.”

Increased Plant Productivity: The First Key Benefit of Atmospheric CO2 Enrichment (April 21, 2022)

https://www.masterresource.org/carbon-dioxide/idso-co2-benefits-summary/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Craig Idso on CO2 Benefits: A Summary
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2023, 12:19:13 pm »
When you look at the entire C02- Carbonic Acid cycle planet wide, what humans do (or add) is like a burp in a hurricane.
That was well known and accepted even back when I was in school in the '70's.  Have we as humans put that much "stupid" on?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Craig Idso on CO2 Benefits: A Summary
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2023, 12:45:03 pm »
When you look at the entire C02- Carbonic Acid cycle planet wide, what humans do (or add) is like a burp in a hurricane.
That was well known and accepted even back when I was in school in the '70's.  Have we as humans put that much "stupid" on?
Or is it the hubris of thinking we can mold dynamic processes that have been working without any human intervention for 4.6 billion years? (if we just give up enough of our Rights and money, of course!)

It is humbling to think we're just along for the ride--something those who have only studied Nature in theory often cannot accept. Instead, it is empowering for them to think themselves gods...even if they are wrong.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis