Author Topic: Russia-Ukraine lessons to boost US electronic warfare, Sen. Reed says  (Read 75 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Russia-Ukraine lessons to boost US electronic warfare, Sen. Reed says
By Colin Demarest
 Feb 8, 11:25 AM

WASHINGTON — The chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee wants to reimagine how the U.S. military fights, including across the electromagnetic spectrum, and is looking to Ukraine for clues.

“We are in a tremendously dynamic situation, where technology is changing rapidly, techniques are changing rapidly,” Sen. Jack Reed, a Rhode Island Democrat, said Feb. 7 at a Defense Writers Group event. “We are truly multidimensional.”

The recent, notable shifts, Reed said, include the Department of Defense’s growing emphasis on space and its investment in electronic warfare, which can be employed to find and fool adversaries and, on the flip side, fend off foreign attempts to do the same.

“How do we operate? All of that has to be reimagined and integrated,” he said. “And the experience in Ukraine is giving us insights for this transformation.”

https://www.c4isrnet.com/electronic-warfare/2023/02/08/russia-ukraine-lessons-to-boost-us-electronic-warfare-sen-reed-says/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson