Author Topic: ‘Reimagining how we fight’: SASC chairman details 4 priorities for coming year  (Read 90 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Reimagining how we fight’: SASC chairman details 4 priorities for coming year
Referring in part to the Ukraine conflict, Sen. Jack Reed told reporters, “We are in a tremendously dynamic situation where technologies are changing rapidly, techniques are changing rapidly [and so are] operational issues."
By   ASHLEY ROQUE
on February 07, 2023 at 4:22 PM

WASHINGTON — As a divided Congress is gearing up for budget season, the Senate Armed Services Committee plans to focus on four imperatives: examining how the military will fight on future battlefields, exploring new weapon programs, looking for ways to shore up the industrial base and taking better care of troops.

While SASC Chairman Sen. Jack Reed told reporters “sustaining the warfighter” tops that list, the other three areas revolve around weapon procurement and supporting technology lines, and ensuring that the Pentagon is best aligned to use those capabilities.

“First, is reimagining how we fight,” Reed said at a Defense Writers Group event. “We are in a tremendously dynamic situation where technologies are changing rapidly, techniques are changing rapidly [and so are] operational issues.”

“All that has to be reimagined and integrated, and experience in Ukraine is giving us insights for this transformation,” he later added.

Next on Reed’s list is ensuring that the services are buying equipment that is “capable of operating effectively”.

https://breakingdefense.com/2023/02/reimagining-how-we-fight-sasc-chairman-details-4-priorities-for-coming-year/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson