Author Topic: The looming alternative energy materials crisis  (Read 198 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The looming alternative energy materials crisis
« on: February 08, 2023, 12:28:13 pm »
The looming alternative energy materials crisis
By Donn Dears |February 8th, 2023|Economy, Energy|1 Comment

The Geological Survey of Finland published a 1,000-page report on the extra capacity required for alternative sources, primarily wind, solar and battery-powered vehicles, to completely replace fossil fuels.

It estimated the amount of materials required and concluded that it was impossible to mine enough materials for wind, solar, and BEVs to replace fossil fuels.

The report made the astonishing conclusion that mankind would have to adjust its lifestyle if fossil fuels were to be replaced. It brings to mind other reports, such as from The Club of Rome, and Ehrlich’s book, The Population Bomb.

But, the fact remains it is impossible to mine enough material to supply all the battery-powered cars if all cars, light vehicles, were to be battery-powered.

https://www.cfact.org/2023/02/08/the-looming-alternative-energy-materials-crisis/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: The looming alternative energy materials crisis
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 11:12:29 pm »
The sooner this happens, the better.

Let it pop the "alternative energy bubble"...  the same way that jet popped the Chinese spy balloon a few days ago...

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: The looming alternative energy materials crisis
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2023, 11:22:47 pm »
Not a problem, but a feature, to the Global Reset crowd.
The Republic is lost.