Author Topic: Mother regrets letting her son, transition and describes realizing her mistake was like ‘leaving a c  (Read 1772 times)

Offline Kamaji

Mother admits she regrets letting her son, 4, transition to a girl identity and describes realizing her mistake was like ‘leaving a cult’ after she had previously spent years being a ‘true believer’ in transgender ideology

By ELEANOR DYE
7 February 2023

A mother has admitted regretting letting her four-year-old son socially transition to a girl - and said realizing her mistake was like 'leaving a cult'. 

Rose, who wishes to stay anonymous, raised her two sons as gender neutral with her wife, which was reflected in their clothes, toys and language.

When her four-year-old son said he felt like a girl, the mother encouraged him in his new identity - which she has now admitted was a 'mistake' that 'haunts' her.

Her concerns rose when her younger son, then three, said he too wanted to transition to a girl, despite being more of a 'stereotypical boy'.

Her honest confession comes amid growing cultural tensions in the US over the transitioning of children - as many believe the ideology is introduced too early. 

Rose realized she had 'led' her sons to transition and immediately worked hard to reverse the mistake. She said both her sons, now around eight and nine, are living happily as boys and are 'blossoming and growing'.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11722129/Mother-admits-regrets-letting-son-4-transition-girl-identity.html

Offline mountaineer

When I was about 10, I said I'd rather be a boy. It wasn't that I believed I'd been "assigned" the wrong body or gender at birth, not at all.

Actually, I was fine being a girl, but I was just jealous of boys because they had Little League and a lot more sports opportunities than we girls did (way back then), and I thought I'd be a pretty good baseball player.

Thank goodness no one got hold of me and dragged me to a whackjob predatory transitioning doctor.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
In the late 60's, we started sacrificing ourselves on the altar of Cool, which ultimately became societal 'consensus' and now is a cult.

All of it is Marxist collectivism, but it blows my mind to see thirtysomethings and older having their morality dictated by peer pressure as if they are still on the middle school playground. Is anyone an individual who thinks for themselves anymore?
The Republic is lost.

Online berdie

First...no 4 year old knows that they "feel like a woman" or man or puppy dog. imho

Second, you are the parent. jmho

Third, Rose and her "wife" are woke. jmho

Offline Kamaji

First...no 4 year old knows that they "feel like a woman" or man or puppy dog. imho

Were woke.  According to the article, she is more skeptic now.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Yep. QED.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

I Thought I Was Saving Trans Kids. Now I’m Blowing the Whistle.
There are more than 100 pediatric gender clinics across the U.S. I worked at one. What’s happening to children is morally and medically appalling.
By Jamie Reed
February 9, 2023
I am a 42-year-old St. Louis native, a queer woman, and politically to the left of Bernie Sanders. My worldview has deeply shaped my career. I have spent my professional life providing counseling to vulnerable populations: children in foster care, sexual minorities, the poor. ...

All that led me to a job in 2018 as a case manager at The Washington University Transgender Center at St. Louis Children's Hospital, which had been established a year earlier.

The center’s working assumption was that the earlier you treat kids with gender dysphoria, the more anguish you can prevent later on. This premise was shared by the center’s doctors and therapists. Given their expertise, I assumed that abundant evidence backed this consensus.

During the four years I worked at the clinic as a case manager—I was responsible for patient intake and oversight—around a thousand distressed young people came through our doors. The majority of them received hormone prescriptions that can have life-altering consequences—including sterility.

I left the clinic in November of last year because I could no longer participate in what was happening there. By the time I departed, I was certain that the way the American medical system is treating these patients is the opposite of the promise we make to “do no harm.” Instead, we are permanently harming the vulnerable patients in our care. ...
The FP

Offline mountaineer

From the article posted above:
... Then I came across comments from Dr. Rachel Levine, a transgender woman who is a high official at the federal Department of Health and Human Services. The article read: “Levine, the U.S. assistant secretary for health, said that clinics are proceeding carefully and that no American children are receiving drugs or hormones for gender dysphoria who shouldn’t.

I felt stunned and sickened. It wasn’t true. And I know that from deep first-hand experience.

So I started writing down everything I could about my experience at the Transgender Center. Two weeks ago, I brought my concerns and documents to the attention of Missouri’s attorney general. He is a Republican. I am a progressive. But the safety of children should not be a matter for our culture wars. ...
God bless this brave woman.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

People shouldn't be allowed to permanently transition until age 18 or 21.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline aligncare

Yeah, but by those ages their big booby’s and ding-a-lings give them away 😟   Looks weird in a football jersey or a tutu.

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Offline LMAO

From the article posted above:God bless this brave woman.

Yes.

But she must remain steadfast for the irrational and intense attacks that are sure to come her way
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
Yeah, but by those ages their big booby’s and ding-a-lings give them away 😟   Looks weird in a football jersey or a tutu.
:silly: :rolling:

Offline Millee

She was interviewed on "Triggernometry" it's worth a listen.  What they are doing to children is insidious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBRJorDjG88

Offline Kamaji

She was interviewed on "Triggernometry" it's worth a listen.  What they are doing to children is insidious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBRJorDjG88

It's worse than insidious, it is evil, as in Dr. Mengele level of evil.

Offline mountaineer

Here's a guy who would rather be dead than deal with the daily complications of his "bottom surgery" that purported to turn him into a woman.

https://twitter.com/troonytoons/status/1670773423780540416

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Why aren't we charging this bleep with child abuse again?

Offline Kamaji

These people need psychiatric therapy, not surgery.

Offline Hoodat

What did the boys' father have to say about all of this?  Was he on board with turning his sons into daughters before they were eligible to play Little League baseball?

Or did the courts already cut him out of the equation.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

Billboard Chris 🇨🇦🇺🇸
@BillboardChris
MTV featured the transition of this young woman, Milo, when she was just a child, in a documentary called Transformation. It helped fuel the craze of child transition.

Now, Milo regrets it all.

She was given testosterone at 14, a double mastectomy at 16, and later required a hysterectomy because of painful uterine atrophy. Emergency surgery to remove an ovary followed that. She doesn’t know if her remaining ovary can still produce estrogen.

She has undiagnosed autism, and as a child didn’t like the attention her developing body attracted from boys. Online influencers convinced her she was trans.

Doctors played right along with the transgender narrative and told her hormones and surgery were the way to go.

Now she’s lost her breasts, her voice, her womb, is losing her hair, and all of this was done for what?

For nothing. It was done because a cult told her she must really be a boy when she wasn’t comfortable being a girl.

This is evil. There is no such thing as a transgender child.

Leave our kids alone!

Jun 21, 2023
This tweet included a link to a video in which "Milo" apparently expressed her dissatisfaction with the trans surgeries she'd had. Unfortunately, she's since made it private.
-------------------------------------------
Transgender child from MTV documentary is now detransitioning
Brett T.
5:30 PM on June 21, 2023

... MTV ran a documentary about transgender kids in 2016 that featured Milo, who is now detransitioning after having "gender-affirming" surgery. The only place you'll hear about it is on social media.
    Milo appeared in a 2016 MTV documentary as a “transgender child.” She began testosterone at 14, double mastectomy at 16, hysterectomy at 21 and one of her ovaries ruptured as a complication from surgery. She is now detransitioning and believes she has undiagnosed autism. pic.twitter.com/bMosHeUwQl
    — Christina Buttons (@buttonslives) June 21, 2023
... Twitchy

« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 10:14:30 pm by mountaineer »

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
It seems inconsistent to me that conservatives are up in arms about the lack of parental autonomy when it comes to public education, but seem perfectly willing to take parental responsibility away when it comes to this issue. That is the problem I have with all of these "no transitioning until maturity" laws. It is nanny state stuff.

What happened to the principle that kids are the responsibility of the parents, and only the parents?  Why must we pass more laws telling people what they cannot do?

In most cases the problem is not the parents. The problem is that in many states the kids have the right to make their own medical decisions at age 13.  Social media has enlightened every teenager as to his or her "rights" in this regard, and the federal funding (CHIPS) is there to provide the money for whatever they want, from psychotropics to puberty blockers and beyond. So the big problem is that parents have been taken out of the picture, and the medical establishment (therapists, pediatricians, psychiatrists, etc.) is pushing intervention without parental consent. That is the real "dirty little secret" to all of this.

I say let's just make the age of maturity 21 years, with parents having liability for anything they allow to happen to a minor under their care. I think that would solve a lot of problems in this country, from guns to cultural decay, etc.

The society is just too complex for an 18-year old to navigate responsibly.

Offline Kamaji

It seems inconsistent to me that conservatives are up in arms about the lack of parental autonomy when it comes to public education, but seem perfectly willing to take parental responsibility away when it comes to this issue. That is the problem I have with all of these "no transitioning until maturity" laws. It is nanny state stuff.

What happened to the principle that kids are the responsibility of the parents, and only the parents?  Why must we pass more laws telling people what they cannot do?

In most cases the problem is not the parents. The problem is that in many states the kids have the right to make their own medical decisions at age 13.  Social media has enlightened every teenager as to his or her "rights" in this regard, and the federal funding (CHIPS) is there to provide the money for whatever they want, from psychotropics to puberty blockers and beyond. So the big problem is that parents have been taken out of the picture, and the medical establishment (therapists, pediatricians, psychiatrists, etc.) is pushing intervention without parental consent. That is the real "dirty little secret" to all of this.

I say let's just make the age of maturity 21 years, with parents having liability for anything they allow to happen to a minor under their care. I think that would solve a lot of problems in this country, from guns to cultural decay, etc.

The society is just too complex for an 18-year old to navigate responsibly.

Because there are certain actions that are so fundamentally damaging, and so irreversible, that as a matter of civilization we as a society do not permit individual members to engage in them.

For example, an individual cannot sell themselves into slavery.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Because there are certain actions that are so fundamentally damaging, and so irreversible, that as a matter of civilization we as a society do not permit individual members to engage in them.

For example, an individual cannot sell themselves into slavery.

That there is the difference between a conservative and a libertarian. Obviously, that slavery thing does not apply to apprenticeships, graduate students and the like. I don't see why a free and able person can't sell himself into slavery if he wants, or work for less than the minimum wage for that matter.

If someone can talk someone else into spending $250K to lock himself in a 22-foot submarine with four other people to get a peek at the Titanic through a tiny peephole, I don't see why slavery should be off the table, so long as it is a mutually-agreed upon contract.

Apparently, the only difference between conservatives and liberals is the things they regard as "fundamentally damaging and irreversible" that justify the nanny state. 

People who love freedom have to pick their poison.

Offline Kamaji

That there is the difference between a conservative and a libertarian. Obviously, that slavery thing does not apply to apprenticeships, graduate students and the like. I don't see why a free and able person can't sell himself into slavery if he wants, or work for less than the minimum wage for that matter.

If someone can talk someone else into spending $250K to lock himself in a 22-foot submarine with four other people to get a peek at the Titanic through a tiny peephole, I don't see why slavery should be off the table, so long as it is a mutually-agreed upon contract.

Apparently, the only difference between conservatives and liberals is the things they regard as "fundamentally damaging and irreversible" that justify the nanny state. 

People who love freedom have to pick their poison.

I would call that the difference between common sense wisdom and understanding of the human condition versus an artificial, theoretical, ultimately suicidal ideology.

Why should we have any laws?  Absolute laissez faire - murder is just a matter of the dead person not having taken sufficient precautions, right?  So the dead person is really to blame for their death.  Why should people be protected from the consequences of their own actions in failing to take sufficient counter-measures to prevent their own death?

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I would call that the difference between common sense wisdom and understanding of the human condition versus an artificial, theoretical, ultimately suicidal ideology.

Why should we have any laws?  Absolute laissez faire - murder is just a matter of the dead person not having taken sufficient precautions, right?  So the dead person is really to blame for their death.  Why should people be protected from the consequences of their own actions in failing to take sufficient counter-measures to prevent their own death?

The justification for laws is to protect our individual rights. If someone violates your right to life, or your property rights, or any of your other freedoms, then he should be subject to very strict laws as far as I am concerned. 

Being a right-leaning libertarian, I favor very strict laws against actions that violate an individual's rights. In fact, I would say such laws are paramount to having a free society.

When something is fundamentally repugnant to a culture, there is no need for a law against it, anyway. Take cannibalism, for example.  I am sure there are laws against it, but how often are such laws needed?

Our problem as a culture is that things conservatives think should be repugnant to a decent and honorable citizenry are apparently not to large numbers of people, so they seek to change the culture by changing laws. But that never works. It is the lesson of prohibition, never learned. 

If you want to change people, you need to change their hearts and minds.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 10:19:15 pm by massadvj »