Author Topic: Bill Maher compares the ‘woke’ movement to China’s communist revolution  (Read 163 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Bill Maher compares the ‘woke’ movement to China’s communist revolution
‘We do have our own Red Guard here, but they do their rampaging on Twitter.’

Jack Hunter
February 4, 2023
The ‘woke’ movement that has so deeply enveloped today’s Left is defined in part by allowing only one viewpoint on a subject and censoring or canceling any oppositional viewpoints. This is deeply illiberal. It’s also inhumane—in a way that some believe resembles the brute intolerance of China’s communist revolution.

That was the message HBO’s Bill Maher relayed on Friday night, when he told his audience, “If you’re part of today’s woke revolution, you need to study the part of revolutions where they spin out of control because the revolutionaries get so drunk on their own purifying elixir, they imagine they can reinvent the very nature of human beings.”

“Communists thought selfishness could be cast out of human nature,” he said on ‘Real Time.’ “Russian revolutionaries spoke of the ‘new Soviet man’ who wasn’t motivated by self-interest but instead wanted to be part of a collective.”

https://www.based-politics.com/2023/02/04/bill-maher-compares-the-woke-movement-to-chinas-communist-revolution/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Surely there isn't a slight lean to the right in him, is there? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson