Author Topic: Hillsdale College Sees 53% Increase in Applications as More People Reject Wokeness  (Read 222 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Hillsdale College Sees 53% Increase in Applications as More People Reject Wokeness
“The story of American higher ed really for the past half century has been a story of one college after another really trashing any kind of a serious core curriculum”

Posted by Mike LaChance
Sunday, February 5, 2023 at 03:30pm

This is encouraging news. We need more schools like Hillsdale.

FOX News reports:

As woke curriculum increases, classical education booms: Hillsdale College sees 53% increase in applications

According to data from the U.S. Census Bureau, enrollment in colleges across the nation has decreased by roughly 13%. While many colleges struggle to draw in students, many faith-based universities are seeing a boom in applications, championing the classical curriculum over woke ideologies.

Founder and CEO of the Classic Learning Test (CLT) Jeremy Tate outlined on “Fox & Friends Weekend” Saturday how the classical education is giving many colleges across the U.S. an edge over others.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2023/02/hillsdale-college-sees-53-increase-in-applications-as-more-people-reject-wokeness/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I have taken a number of classes at Hillsdale, and if you want to know true American history, it is absolutely the best.  I took my wife there and as we walked around; the National Anthem was played.  Everyone stopped what they were doing, stood up, and faced the nearest flag with their hand over the heart.  Those students know the real American history.  They also have free online courses for anyone who finds it too far to drive or fly.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 03:18:04 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson