Author Topic: Wrong, Mainstream Media, Climate Change is Not Causing PTSD  (Read 194 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Wrong, Mainstream Media, Climate Change is Not Causing PTSD
« on: February 07, 2023, 02:50:18 pm »
Wrong, Mainstream Media, Climate Change is Not Causing PTSD
By Linnea Lueken -January 25, 20231

A Google search for ‘climate change’ brought up a variety of articles from mainstream news sources, including The Hill and The Conversation, reporting on research that claims climate change has caused an increase in severe wildfires which are causing severe psychological trauma. This is not only false; it is a cynical attempt to politicize real psychological trauma by linking it to climate change. This undercuts efforts to alleviate the psychological suffering some people have experienced as an effect of wildfires, by misidentifying the root causes of the wildfires themselves. There has been no substantial increase in forest fires due to climate change, nor have natural disasters at large become more common or damaging.

The Conversation article, “Climate change trauma has real impacts on cognition and the brain, wildfire survivors study shows,” is written by Jyoti Mishra, an associate professor of psychiatry at the University of California, San Diego, who is one of the co-authors of the study cited in her article. In the article, Mishra describes her and her colleagues’ research, examining mental trauma in individuals who survived or witnessed deadly wildfires in recent years.

Mishra writes:

https://climaterealism.com/2023/01/wrong-mainstream-media-climate-change-is-not-causing-ptsd/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: Wrong, Mainstream Media, Climate Change is Not Causing PTSD
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2023, 02:54:00 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2023, 03:35:21 pm »
Having your house destroyed and your life up-ended by wildfires can be stressful and traumatic.

The link to Global Climate Change is just a ploy to get in on the Global Climate Change research grant lottery.

All this nonsense distracts from the fact that Government agencies have neglected to properly maintain state and federal forest and grass lands.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2023, 03:49:07 pm »
Having your house destroyed and your life up-ended by wildfires can be stressful and traumatic.

The link to Global Climate Change is just a ploy to get in on the Global Climate Change research grant lottery.

All this nonsense distracts from the fact that Government agencies have neglected to properly maintain state and federal forest and grass lands.

Exactly.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2023, 03:52:50 pm »
Climate change is not causing mass hysteria, but the MSM certainly is.