Author Topic: 3 Paleontologist Studies Affirm North Sweden Was 3°C Warmer Than Today When CO2 Was Below 280 ppm  (Read 109 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
3 Paleontologist Studies Affirm North Sweden Was 3°C Warmer Than Today When CO2 Was Below 280 ppm
By Kenneth Richard on 6. February 2023

Share this...
Claims the Swedish Scandes are unprecedentedly warm and tree-covered today “appear as large and unfounded exaggerations,” as the “climate and arboreal responses” of the last few decades “are still inside the frames of natural historical variation.” – Kullman, 2022 and Kullman, 2022a

Extensive birch forest fossils can be dated to the early- to mid-Holocene in northern Scandinavian regions, indicating these warmth-sensitive trees could exist in climates that are too cold for them to grow in today. This documents a much warmer period, “at least 3°C higher than during the past few decades,” 3000 to 10,000 years ago, or when CO2 was about 265 ppm (Kullman, 2022).

Contrary to modeler opinions, “there is little factual nourishment” to support modern projections that the Swedish Scandes will soon be returning to the subalpine birch forest climates of past millennia. The observed forest advancement in recent decades “is so small” that these modeling claims appear to be “unfounded exaggerations.”

https://notrickszone.com/2023/02/06/3-paleontologist-studies-affirm-north-sweden-was-3c-warmer-than-today-when-co2-was-below-280-ppm/
« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 12:39:36 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson