Author Topic: Biden Posts Photo of First Page of His SOTU Speech, 1 Word Has Conservatives Howling with Laughter  (Read 432 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden Posts Photo of First Page of His SOTU Speech, 1 Word Has Conservatives Howling with Laughter

By Ryan Ledendecker
  February 6, 2023 at 5:19pm

President Joe Biden is set to deliver his State of the Union address on Tuesday evening to a voting public that overwhelmingly, according to polls, lacks confidence in the president’s ability to perform at the level of what’s expected.

That didn’t stop the president and his handlers from giving us a sneak peek of his upcoming SOTU speech. Biden’s Twitter account posted an image Monday morning that showed the first page of his speech, but one word in particular set the social media world on fire.

In the photo of his speech binder, which revealed how Biden would open the speech tomorrow night in the U.S. House of Representatives, was the word “pause.”

https://www.westernjournal.com/biden-posts-photo-first-page-sotu-speech-1-word-conservatives-howling-laughter/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
He will probably ask why he's talking about a dog's "pause" in the State of the Union speech. :silly:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

We all know he's going to say it. Any stage directions his handlers have given, he will read.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

It's pretty SOP when scripting a speech.  Many speakers request such direction.   :shrug:

Carpe Donktum
@CarpeDonktum

LOL.

If someone handed me a speech that had [pause] written down in it, they would be fired before they left the room. They think you are an idiot, and they are right.

3:22 PM · Feb 6, 2023

« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 04:02:49 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Kamaji

The issue isn't that it has speaking cues in it, the issue is that numbnuts can't help but read them as if they're part of the speech itself.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
After the STFU speech, Watch for Joe to get confused on where to go leaving the podium.  Joe would get lost in a one stalk corn maze. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Polly Ticks

Why is he having cookies for breakfast??
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Lando Lincoln

It will be better for my emotional well-being if I don’t watch the charade.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Why is he having cookies for breakfast??

They were out of pudding?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

After the STFU speech, Watch for Joe to get confused on where to go leaving the podium.  Joe would get lost in a one stalk corn maze.
He'll try to shake hands with an invisible person, too.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Since he won't have anyone particularly close, he can fart all he wants. :yowsa:
Thomas Jefferson