Author Topic: DeSmog’s 1,000: A Badge of Honor  (Read 227 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DeSmog’s 1,000: A Badge of Honor
« on: February 06, 2023, 01:10:40 pm »
DeSmog’s 1,000: A Badge of Honor
By Robert Bradley Jr. -- January 10, 2023
“Power DeSmog into 2023,” the headline of a year-end fundraising appeal read. “We’re closing in on 1,000 profiles across our databases, which demands a lot of our team’s time to update and build. Every donation helps!”

The rest of the appeal read:

Every day, our global team of researchers continues to expand and update our Climate Disinformation Database, Koch Network Database, and Agribusiness Database. These critical resources collect information on individuals and organizations responsible for casting doubt on climate science and delaying climate action. VICE describes DeSmog as the “thorn in the side of corporate climate denial” — a badge of honor we’re proud to wear!

Several months ago, I celebrated the DeSmog blitz with a post, “Climate “Disinformation Everywhere! (winning against alarmism)“. I wrote:

At some point, the climate alarmists are going to have to wonder if the universe of “climate denial” and “climate skepticism” is growing so large that the real outliers are themselves.

Consider that Anthony Watts’s WUWT is the world’s leading climate website, for starters. At this site, hundreds of climate followers, many with advanced degrees and other expertise, are providing timely, important peer review missing from even the august climate journals. (Ditto for Judith Curry’s influential site, Climate Etc.)

https://www.masterresource.org/desmogblog/desmog-1000-honor/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rustynail

Re: DeSmog’s 1,000: A Badge of Honor
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2023, 02:02:05 pm »
Good to see.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: DeSmog’s 1,000: A Badge of Honor
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2023, 10:37:26 pm »
Interesting find, thanks!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis