Author Topic: The State of Conservatism Post Rush Limbaugh  (Read 869 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The State of Conservatism Post Rush Limbaugh
« on: February 07, 2023, 04:54:31 pm »
The State of Conservatism Post Rush Limbaugh

John Nantz
 |  Feb 07, 2023

I really miss Rush. Regardless how complex or critical the issue, I could always count on Rush Limbaugh’s entirely rational and moral analysis, delivered by an apex professional with genuine compassion, even for those with whom he disagreed.

He was ensconced behind that golden EIB microphone; a master of ideas and argument. From his lofty height, he engaged with every thorny problem with an equanimity that drew a placid sagacity from an ocean of experience, and confidence. After all, Rush was “documented almost always right 99.7% of the time.”

He was a compass that always pointed the precise bearing to truth. He was the constitutionalists’ loadstar. Rush was a man of genuine faith as is his brother David Limbaugh. Talent like Rush’s usually only comes along once a generation, if that. He was a pleasure to listen to, perpetually positive on the American experience and never strident, bitter, shrill, or profane.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/johnnantz/2023/02/07/the-state-of-conservatism-post-rush-limbaugh-n2619249
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: The State of Conservatism Post Rush Limbaugh
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2023, 05:01:16 pm »
One issue is that the GOP abandoned fiscal conservatism during the Bush '43 Presidency.

To be a go-along-to-get-along Republican, you were expected to abandon your fiscal conservative views or be branded a RINO for opposing Bush '43 policies.

This gave rise to the Tea Party and the Freedom Caucus.

The GOP under Bush '43 became the party of Bigger Government and lack of fiscal accountability.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2023, 05:38:55 pm »
Several of our so called top tier punditry, Levin, Hannity, Hansen blasted the FC during the Speaker's election.  When it came out in the wash, the Freedom Caucus actions were able to set a level of accountibility and direction that set the direction for house leadership that has much better served  conservative POV..

They are sure quiet about that now, and I feel they would have been in contradiction of how Limbaugh would have felt.

Which was....   "Never compromise your conservative principles in the name expedience."
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2023, 07:54:58 pm »
   Rush threw Conservatism under the bus when he endorsed Trump.  Selling Apple products was bad enough, but he lost all credibility with me when he sold out to the orange guy.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2023, 08:17:48 pm »
   Rush threw Conservatism under the bus when he endorsed Trump.  Selling Apple products was bad enough, but he lost all credibility with me when he sold out to the orange guy.

Agree.

But we got to look at the whole body of work the past 30+ years.  And without his contributions, we might have had Bernie by now.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2023, 09:08:19 pm »
Both he and Hannity admitted that Trump wasn’t a conservative.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2023, 11:40:19 pm »

He did the same with McCain't and Romulus... It was over Romulus that I finally shut him off and never listened to another peep.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2023, 08:41:49 pm »
Several of our so called top tier punditry, Levin, Hannity, Hansen blasted the FC during the Speaker's election.

This didn't happen in a vacuum.  The FC had won concessions on everything they asked for .... In the words of Matt Gatez: "I can't think of anything else to ask for" ..... and five holdouts would still not vote for McCarthy.

The Republicans were thisclose to losing it all.  Unless snatching defeat from the jaws of victory is a core conservative principle, the fringe FC members had to be brought to heel. 

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2023, 08:45:46 pm »
This didn't happen in a vacuum.  The FC had won concessions on everything they asked for .... In the words of Matt Gatez: "I can't think of anything else to ask for" ..... and five holdouts would still not vote for McCarthy.

The Republicans were thisclose to losing it all.  Unless snatching defeat from the jaws of victory is a core conservative principle, the fringe FC members had to be brought to heel.

@Right_in_Virginia
Quite the opposite is true - This was snatching victory from the jaws of defeat... And make no bones about it, McCarthy is still a RINO sombich. His nose will have to be held to that grindstone.

Leave the FC alone. They are driving the party farther to the right than they have been in a long, long while. And their 'fringe' is the hammer.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 08:47:51 pm by roamer_1 »

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2023, 08:48:20 pm »
Quite the opposite is true

No, it's not.  Not even close.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2023, 08:51:44 pm »
No, it's not.  Not even close.

Yes, in fact it is. The Republican party is getting a sharp edge... finally. Already it is rigged far to the right of where it was... and is being readied for actual opposition to liberalism. This is true hope. Far more than Tumpy ever offered.

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2023, 09:01:52 pm »
Yes, in fact it is. The Republican party is getting a sharp edge...

That five of your heroes were thisclose to blowing out of the water --- on "principle".

I'm not going to get drawn into one of your increasingly incoherent, circular "debates" over this. While you were busy talking to your horse, I was busy talking with those on the floor and in the backroom.

We're done with this.  Period.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2023, 09:06:07 pm »

The Republicans were thisclose to losing it all. 

Thought that only mattered with hand grenades and playing horse shoes. 

The end result was a win, and that is all that matters. If the FC hadn't fought back, the McCarthy capitulation train would have been going full steam.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 09:07:45 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2023, 09:07:50 pm »
That five of your heroes were thisclose to blowing out of the water --- on "principle".

I'm not going to get drawn into one of your increasingly incoherent, circular "debates" over this. While you were busy talking to your horse, I was busy talking with those on the floor and in the backroom.

We're done with this.  Period.

HAHAHAHA!!  Had they folded as desired, far less would have been gained. And that McCarthy's ascension remained by the skin of his teeth has its own inestimable value. Glad as hell that they gave him only the barest of wins. And that the rest held out.

It's got a long, long way to go to the right.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2023, 09:09:08 pm »
Thought that only mattered with hand grenades and playing horse shoes. 

The end result was a win, and that is all that matters. If the FC hadn't fought back, the McCarthy capitulation train would have been going full steam.

A massive win at that... comparatively.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2023, 09:09:41 pm »
HAHAHAHA!!  Had they folded as desired, far less would have been gained. And that McCarthy's ascension remained by the skin of his teeth has its own inestimable value. Glad as hell that they gave him only the barest of wins. And that the rest held out.

It's got a long, long way to go to the right.

@Right_in_Virginia
@roamer_1

Leave it RIV to be bitching after a conservative victory.  Bet He/she is the life of the party.   :thud:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2023, 09:12:29 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia
@roamer_1

Leave it RIV to be bitching after a conservative victory.  Bet He/she is the life of the party.   :thud:

@catfish1957
It's alright. It's just that you and me tend to be part of that 'fringe' she prefers to be at (or under) heel. I get it.  :laugh: :beer:

@Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2023, 09:24:14 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia
@roamer_1

I'm not bitching about anything @catfish1957 ----least of all a conservative victory.  I'm simply explaining the point you raised about pundits rising up and saying "enough".  Five zealots were about to throw away a hard fought victory ----- all of it.

When did you become such an emotional reactionary?  I remember the days when you would think first, post second.  I miss those days.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 09:33:18 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2023, 09:27:33 pm »
I'm not bitching about anything @catfish1957 ----least of all a conservative victory.  I'm simply explaining why pundits were rising up and saying "enough".  Five zealots were about to throw away a hard fought victory ----- all of it.

That needs to be repeated, over, and over, and over again. Ef the pundits.

Offline corbe

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2023, 01:23:19 am »
   Trump endorsed McCarthy, McConnell, McDaniel, Walker and OZ, all the things that are wrong for the GOP. 
   He was wrong in 2016, 2020 and 2024.
   Take it from me old men do not change. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2023, 01:55:05 am »
I'm not bitching about anything @catfish1957 ----least of all a conservative victory.  I'm simply explaining the point you raised about pundits rising up and saying "enough".  Five zealots were about to throw away a hard fought victory ----- all of it.

When did you become such an emotional reactionary?  I remember the days when you would think first, post second.  I miss those days.

@Right_in_Virginia

Sorry, but if my memory is good enough there were a few of us who here, who were ostracized in supporting the FC with their tactics holding out against the MCC (arthy) (onnell) RINO leadership bloc.    Let me gloat at least a moment in my vindication.  No meaness on my part toward you.  just a little ribbing.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 02:57:14 am by catfish1957 »

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2023, 02:37:39 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

Sorry, but if my memory is good enough that there were a few of us who here, who were ostracized for supporting the FC with their tactics holding out against the MCC (arthy) (Connell) RINO leadership bloc.    Let me gloat at least of moment in my vindication.  No meaness on my part toward you.  just a little ribbing.

Okay.  Thanks.