Author Topic: 2022: The Year America’s Basic Systems Started To Crumble  (Read 242 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
2022: The Year America’s Basic Systems Started To Crumble
« on: February 08, 2023, 04:13:25 pm »
2022: The Year America’s Basic Systems Started To Crumble
 Conservative News Daily  February 8, 2023  Posted inthe bongino report

Chaos in Washington, madness at the airport, holiday hangovers: The first month of 2023 was familiar enough. What might seem less familiar to Americans, however, are the cracks appearing in our walls.

Sure, Americans have long felt a decline — maybe a few shifts in the foundations; the yearly polls on trust in major institutions reflect that well enough. You might hear an uncle who says, “Wall Street’s a bunch of crooks!” or a neighbor who notices, “Washington politicians are only in it for themselves,” or even an old classmate who thinks, “Colleges are just a bunch of crazy activists these days,” but the complaints largely ended with the complaints themselves. Everything still worked well enough.

And then it didn’t.

While politicians, “the experts,” and their friends in corporate media managed to muddy the waters in the first year of lockdowns, by 2021 everyday Americans felt like they’d earned the right to wonder why their kindergarteners were in masks, or their local teachers still refused to teach. Modern homeschooling flourished like never before, while enrollment in Catholic schools increased for the first time in decades.

https://www.conservativenewsdaily.net/breaking-news/2022-the-year-americas-basic-systems-started-to-crumble/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: 2022: The Year America’s Basic Systems Started To Crumble
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 11:52:10 pm »
"No. The erosion of our civil society is coming from forces more powerful and diffuse than the politicians vying for office. The reality is that decades of American industries being sold abroad by the financial class (with the blessings of the political class) have wreaked havoc on the United States. When you compound the joblessness with the hopelessness and drug addiction and fatherlessness and abuse that follow in the wake, you see that far beyond the fundamentals of the American economy having been hollowed out, the very social fabric of the United States is rending."

Leonard Cohen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYzPVKg3wyo

"I've seen the future... and it's murder..."

Online rustynail

Re: 2022: The Year America’s Basic Systems Started To Crumble
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2023, 12:01:20 am »
Repent.