Author Topic: Harvard Medical School adds climate change to its curriculum  (Read 327 times)

Online mountaineer

Harvard Medical School adds climate change to its curriculum
« on: February 05, 2023, 10:23:30 pm »
Harvard Medical School adds climate change to its curriculum
The College Fix
Feb. 5, 2023
Harvard Medical School (HMS) soon will be adding climate change to its curriculum, a decision made by its Educational Policy and Curriculum Committee last month.

According to The Crimson, the addition will “examine the impact of climate change on health and health inequality, applications of these impacts to clinical care, and the role of physicians and health institutions in arriving at climate solutions.”

HMS Climate and Health Curriculum Theme Director Gaurab Basu and members of the group Students for Environmental Awareness in Medicine led the curriculum change effort.

According to his faculty page, Basu is a trained community organizer and “has been recognized nationally for his work in climate change and health equity.” He’s won the HMS Equity, Social Justice and Advocacy faculty award and has served on the HMS’s Task Force to Address Racism.

The Harvard School of Public Health’s Caleb Dresser said students and faculty “have been pushing” to add a climate change component into the HMS studies for some time. ...
Patient:  Uh, doctor? I've had this rash for a while and...

Harvard-educated doctor: It's your fault for driving an SUV!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Re: Harvard Medical School adds climate change to its curriculum
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2023, 03:33:19 am »
:facepalm2:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Harvard Medical School adds climate change to its curriculum
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2023, 08:39:44 am »
I have climatechangeitis.

Every time I hear some twit blaming this or that on "climate change" as if we could seriously tweak the Earth's thermostat, I get this pain...

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis