Author Topic: A Sequel Without Equal: Biden Outpaces Obama and Trump On Immigration Orders  (Read 195 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A Sequel Without Equal: Biden Outpaces Obama and Trump On Immigration Orders
February 02, 2023

The Biden administration has issued a flurry of 403 immigration-related executive actions in its first two years. That’s on pace to far surpass the 472 executive actions Donald Trump advanced on immigration over his four years in office.

The above figures were compiled by the Migration Policy Institute (MPI), which favorably concluded: “While some executive actions have been stalled by the courts, Biden’s measures have nonetheless affected the lives of hundreds of thousands of immigrants, including many seeking protection.”

Or, to put it another way: Biden’s executive actions have affected the lives, security and pocketbooks of hundreds of millions of Americans, and not for the better.

Highlighting a few recent examples of executive overreach, Matt O’Brien, director of investigations for the Immigration Reform Law Institute, cited “over-the-top, DACA-like abuses of power, like creating special admission programs for Ukrainians and Venezuelans and calling them ‘parole.’”

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2023/02/02/sequel-without-equal-biden-outpaces-obama-and-trump-immigration-orders
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson