Author Topic: The Immigration-Industrial Complex: Not Defending the Border Is Much More Lucrative Than Defending I  (Read 220 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Immigration-Industrial Complex: Not Defending the Border Is Much More Lucrative Than Defending It

Former Agent
02/04/2023

President Dwight D. Eisenhower once decried the “military-industrial complex.” (Has it brought us the war in Ukraine?). Yet my years in the Border Patrol taught me that there’s also an immigration-industrial complex that is similarly venal, and dangerous.

Northern Virginia has two of the country’s wealthiest counties because so many residents are in the business of government, either as bureaucrats or the federal contractors once called “Beltway Bandits,” or as think tankers and staffers on Capitol Hill. They’re taking taxpayer money in one form or another, and so the biggest business in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area is the government itself.

Similarly, a few years back, when I was detailed to help out the border invasion that occurred when Trump capitulated to the “kids-in-cages!” propaganda, I learned the a corollary to the adage that nothing is more expensive than cheap labor: Nothing is more expensive than stopping border enforcement.

It costs the taxpayers a lot more money to invite an invasion of illegals than securing the border to keep them out.

https://www.alipac.us/f12/immigration-industrial-complex-not-defending-border-much-more-lucrative-t-405139/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
People to 'process'. people to transport, people to hand out benefits, people to oversee transitions, people to get them jobs, people to make sure they raise their kids just so, people to counsel them for whatever, etc.

Huge industry, and a whole hog worth of government teats to suckle at...

at our expense...

for people here illegally.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis