Author Topic: Asylum-seekers in Tijuana say migrants from other regions get priority at border  (Read 181 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Asylum-seekers in Tijuana say migrants from other regions get priority at border
by: Salvador Rivera

Posted: Feb 2, 2023 / 08:23 PM CST

Updated: Feb 2, 2023 / 08:28 PM CST

TIJUANA (Border Report) — Every morning before sunrise, about 200 migrants arrive at the south side of the San Ysidro Port of Entry for their turn to interview and formally request asylum in the U.S.

The asylum-seekers all have appointments that have been arranged via the Department of Homeland Security’s CBP One mobile app.

But some of the migrants tell Border Report they are noticing many in line are coming from the Reynosa, Mexico-McAllen, Texas region and not from Tijuana.

They wonder why the others, who have not been in Tijuana, appear to be getting priority for access to the U.S.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/asylum-seekers-in-tijuana-say-migrants-from-other-regions-get-priority-at-border/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson