Author Topic: GOP Right To Deny Ilhan Omar a Committee Seat  (Read 117 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
GOP Right To Deny Ilhan Omar a Committee Seat
« on: February 04, 2023, 04:01:00 pm »
GOP Right To Deny Ilhan Omar a Committee Seat
By David Harsanyi
February 3, 2023  5 Min Read

A- A+
Poor Ilhan Omar has been denied a seat on the House Foreign Affairs Committee.

"I certainly did not or was not aware that the word 'hypnotized' was a trope," the congresswoman told CNN's Dana Bash this week. "I wasn't aware of the fact that there are tropes about Jews and money. That has been a very enlightening part of this journey."

And what a journey it's been. It's merely happenstance, Omar would have you believe, that she — along with her bestie, Rashida Tlaib, a woman who gets a "calming feeling" when thinking about the Holocaust's aftermath and believes pro-Zionist Jews exploit "regular Americans" for "their profit," etc. — keeps tripping into old-school Jew-baiting. What are the odds?

Omar's been living in the United States since her early teens. She graduated from high school in a major American city. She earned a B.A. from North Dakota State University in political science and international studies. One assumes she's consumed plenty of American culture over the years. You're telling me that in all this time, in all her many interactions as an academic "fellow" and a government employee, she never once heard a stereotype about Jews hypnotizing nations or being motivated by money? That's quite an accomplishment.

Of course, Omar shouldn't have lost her seat on the House Foreign Affairs Committee because she believes rootless cosmopolitans are brainwashing the world for the "Benjamins." She should have lost it for downplaying 9/11 and equating the United States with theocratic terrorist organizations like Hamas and the Taliban. She is neither ideologically nor morally prepared for the job. She was denied a seat because Nancy Pelosi created a new precedent by not only denying Kevin McCarthy his choices for the Jan. 6 committee, effectively creating a show trial, but also stripping Paul Gosar and Marjorie Taylor Greene of their committee appointments over ugly things they said. Republicans should unseat Omar using her standards.

https://www.creators.com/read/david-harsanyi/02/23/gop-right-to-deny-ilhan-omar-a-committee-seat
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson