Author Topic: The Marine Corps’ Light Amphibious Warship Seems To Be Faltering. Here Is A Novel Solution.  (Read 140 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Marine Corps’ Light Amphibious Warship Seems To Be Faltering. Here Is A Novel Solution.
Loren ThompsonSenior Contributor

Feb 3, 2023,09:00am EST
When the Pentagon revised its defense strategy to focus on China in 2018, no military service moved faster than the Marine Corps to begin making changes.

Incoming Commandant General David Berger declared in his initial guidance the following year that Marines needed to be trained and equipped “to operate inside actively contested maritime spaces” in support of other naval forces.

This wasn’t a new mission for the Corps, but because the spaces Berger had in mind were first and foremost in the Chinese littoral, the potential danger was unprecedented.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lorenthompson/2023/02/03/the-marine-corps-light-amphibious-warship-seems-to-be-faltering-here-is-a-novel-solution/?sh=1cfa668a1047
« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 02:57:42 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
What difference does it make when America has a POTUS who drains the strategic oil reserve, who is so spineless he allows a China balloon to gather information while floating over the country, who is more concerned about how well illegal aliens live than the security of the country, a military so inept it may have to start a draft, that recommends the POTUS leave the balloon gather intelligence, that is more concerned about developing green strategies than developing weapons for defense, that allow itself to be drained of weapons by giving them for use in Ukraine, and on, and on, and on. :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
All that is true, but the Commandant was still wrong to pigeonhole the Marine Corps into being capable of only one type of warfare.