Author Topic: Deadly fungal infection 'Valley Fever' that kills one in 100 sufferers is spreading across the US 'b  (Read 359 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Deadly fungal infection 'Valley Fever' that kills one in 100 sufferers is spreading across the US 'because of climate change' — as hit zombie show 'The Last of Us' heightens fungi fears

The infection is caused by a fungus typically endemic to the Southwest
Researchers predict that by 2100, US case numbers will increase by 50 percent
Spread is due to global warming, meaning more hot areas for the fungus to grow
By CAITLIN TILLEY, HEALTH REPORTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 11:38 EST, 1 February 2023 | UPDATED: 13:50 EST, 1 February 2023

A deadly fungal infection is spreading across the US — and scientists believe it is due to climate change.

Cases of 'Valley Fever' - which is 10 times more deadly than flu - have risen 20-fold since the turn of the century. 

It is caused by the fungus Coccidioides, which releases spores in the air when soil is disturbed. The spores are then inhaled by people, most commonly construction workers.

The fungus thrives in warm, dry environments and was dubbed Valley Fever because 97 percent of cases are found in Arizona and California. But infections have begun to crop up in other parts of the country, and experts fear that by 2100 it could be endemic in 17 states.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-11697467/Valley-fever-deadly-fungal-infection-spreading-climate-change.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I think they're wrong.  It has to be due to white privilege, racism, toxic masculinity, or people not reading CRT. :whistle:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 12:05:29 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Where are those Fed Ex guys?

"Doomed!"

(But if global warming isn't happening, then it shouldn't spread except in the dirt brought across the country by 'migrants' or something like that (or dumped from Chinese balloons). :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
If by "climate change" they mean plowing and grading vast swaths of desert where the fungus resides in order to build solar farms, then they're correct.
They disturb the spores and permit them to become airborne and be carried East...
The incidences in the Antelope Valley (hence "Valley Fever) have risen dramatically the past few years.

https://www.cdc.gov/fungal/diseases/coccidioidomycosis/statistics.html
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Hoodat

Sounds like hantavirus by its origin.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-