Author Topic: Guilty Plea in Multi-Million-Dollar Illegal Alien Worker Scheme in Virginia  (Read 133 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Guilty Plea in Multi-Million-Dollar Illegal Alien Worker Scheme in Virginia

By David North on February 3, 2023
A guilty plea in a multi-million-dollar scandal involving more than 100 illegal alien workers was entered in a federal court in Virginia earlier this week by one of the key players in the operation. It was one of three bits of foreign worker news in recent days.

George William Evans, in a plea agreement, pled guilty to two of 33 federal charges against him and his colleagues; he is the co-owner of a large commercial laundry, Magnolia Cleaning Services, which has been charged with recruiting, transporting, and exploiting large numbers of illegal-alien laundry workers from Central America. His residence is in Midlothian, a Richmond suburb, and the firm has facilities in Williamsburg, Va.

There was so much illegal activity charged that it takes 46 pages to list it all in the PACER files; another measure of the scope of the operation is that, according to Law360, Evans agreed to a $3.9 million forfeiture, a massive sum in one of these cases.

The Law360 article does not spell out how the $3.9 million will be distributed, but court documents suggest it will be paid to the government in fines. The charges filed, in addition to two involving money laundering, include: encouraging and inducing illegal entry, harboring undocumented non-citizens, transporting them, and benefitting from forced labor. Anna Patricia Aragon Landaverde, Jeffrey Dean Vaughan, and a phony document provider (FNU LNU) were also charged.

https://cis.org/North/Guilty-Plea-MultiMillionDollar-Illegal-Alien-Worker-Scheme-Virginia
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson