Author Topic: What are you watching now?...2023  (Read 38326 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: What are you watching now?...2023
« Reply #100 on: June 19, 2023, 11:16:08 pm »
Have been getting into/enjoying Korean Action movies, audio dubbed in English.

The clash of cultural morals...love of family, respect of elders, military veterans, especially 'Marines' in contrast to the gore and violence. 

Reminds me of the TV in which I grew up in the 50's and 60's.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #101 on: June 20, 2023, 01:08:30 am »
Paramount has released the first season of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds to Youtube for free watching. It covers the time of Cap'n Pike's command before his accident.

I expected such a recent series to be a pile of woke sewage, but I was pleasantly surprised. It's not far behind TOS, equal IMO with Enterprise.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #102 on: June 26, 2023, 08:04:37 am »
Have been getting into/enjoying Korean Action movies, audio dubbed in English.

The clash of cultural morals...love of family, respect of elders, military veterans, especially 'Marines' in contrast to the gore and violence. 

Watched one in this vein tonight... Holy Batman of plot twists... I could of done without the final 10 minutes, because it is one mind twist depraved. Story of a mother trying to prove her son's innocents when all others have thrown him under the bus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCj6LXGA_Ds

« Last Edit: June 26, 2023, 08:07:03 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #103 on: July 03, 2023, 08:17:46 pm »
Several neighbors have told me to watch “The Bear” on Hulu but I can’t get into it.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #104 on: July 03, 2023, 08:19:03 pm »
Paramount has released the first season of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds to Youtube for free watching. It covers the time of Cap'n Pike's command before his accident.

I expected such a recent series to be a pile of woke sewage, but I was pleasantly surprised. It's not far behind TOS, equal IMO with Enterprise.

It’s really good. It’s just sad because you know how Captain Pike will end up.

@Free Vulcan
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #105 on: July 03, 2023, 11:13:51 pm »
It’s really good. It’s just sad because you know how Captain Pike will end up.

@Free Vulcan

The way they did the last episode of the first season - wow. What a hard choice that would be.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2023, 01:00:36 am »
Last season of Jack Ryan on Amazon.
The Republic is lost.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2023, 02:30:37 am »
Rewatching Blacklist. Good show, even second time around.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2023, 03:54:44 am »
Newest season of Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2023, 09:46:17 am »
Season 4 of Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline verga

« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2023, 10:06:03 am »
Last season of Jack Ryan on Amazon.
Getting ready to watch that. I am seriously P!$$ED that he is not playing Reed Richards in the Fantastic Four movie. I will probably not see it.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2023, 10:08:16 am »
Went to see "Indiana Jones and the terrible remake of "Temple of Doom"" . That is 2+ hours of my life I will never get back.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Timber Rattler

« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2023, 10:29:13 am »
Getting ready to watch that. I am seriously P!$$ED that he is not playing Reed Richards in the Fantastic Four movie. I will probably not see it.

I like John Krasinki a lot.  He's come a long way since The Office, and he put out some nice family-oriented Youtube videos during the early months of the COVID lockdowns to try and keep viewers' spirits up.  He's a genuinely nice guy and family man, and I like his portrayal of Ryan.

Season 4 is shaping up to be much better than Season 3, which I didn't like at all.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2023, 12:45:38 pm »
Went to see "Indiana Jones and the terrible remake of "Temple of Doom"" . That is 2+ hours of my life I will never get back.

I heard it was really bad.  My husband wants to see it, but he just may have to be content to watch the original.

Offline Timber Rattler

« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2023, 12:56:06 pm »
I heard it was really bad.  My husband wants to see it, but he just may have to be content to watch the original.

Yeah, Kathleen Kennedy, the same Disney Exec who declared that "the Force was female" and ruined the "Last Jedi/Star Wars" trilogy did similar hatchet work on Indy.  She demanded that the production team force the handover of Indy's torch to that annoying new "god daughter" to try and spin her off as a new franchise heroine, more suitable for today uber-liberal Hollywood audience.  In so doing, she's pretty much trashed the entire backstory that was laid out in the "Young Indiana Jones Chronicles" of the 1990s, just as the Mouse did with Star Wars' so-called "Expanded Universe" that was developed from 1983 through 2012.

See here:

Star Wars Legends

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Legends#:~:text=Star%20Wars%20Legends%2C%20formerly%20known,Wars%2C%20created%20before%20April%2025%2C

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2023, 01:02:16 pm »
Yeah, Kathleen Kennedy, the same Disney Exec who declared that "the Force was female" and ruined the "Last Jedi/Star Wars" trilogy did similar hatchet work on Indy.  She demanded that the production team force the handover of Indy's torch to that annoying new "god daughter" to try and spin her off as a new franchise heroine, more suitable for today uber-liberal Hollywood audience.  In so doing, she's pretty much trashed the entire backstory that was laid out in the "Young Indiana Jones Chronicles" of the 1990s, just as the Mouse did with Star Wars' so-called "Expanded Universe" that was developed from 1983 through 2012.

See here:

Star Wars Legends

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Legends#:~:text=Star%20Wars%20Legends%2C%20formerly%20known,Wars%2C%20created%20before%20April%2025%2C

That's a shame.

Offline Timber Rattler

« Reply #116 on: July 09, 2023, 01:06:47 pm »
That's a shame.

Note that Kennedy did the same exact thing with Luke Skywalker and the designated new would-be heroine Rey Palpatine-Skywalker in the last trilogy, and it just did not work.  Luke's character was ruined forever in the process.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #117 on: July 13, 2023, 08:41:52 pm »
Just watched Designated Survivor once again.  Amazing how some of the story line reflects what took place with the release of COVID by China, and the traitorous denial by Dr. Fauci of what was done.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #118 on: July 13, 2023, 08:42:57 pm »
@Kamaji

Watching SIGNAL on Netflix.  It's a Korean police drama series.

The Statute of Limitations runs out in 24 hours, when they finally have enough evidence to charge the suspect.

Why is it required to have the suspect in physical custody if you discover irrefutable evidence to charge her? (A Korean surgical nurse).

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #119 on: July 13, 2023, 08:47:52 pm »
@Kamaji

Watching SIGNAL on Netflix.  It's a Korean police drama series.

The Statute of Limitations runs out in 24 hours, when they finally have enough evidence to charge the suspect.

Why is it required to have the suspect in physical custody if you discover irrefutable evidence to charge her? (A Korean surgical nurse).

To be perfectly honest, I don't know.  Might be something under South Korean law.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #120 on: July 13, 2023, 08:52:38 pm »
To be perfectly honest, I don't know.  Might be something under South Korean law.

@Kamaji

Thanks anyway.

Figured they could formally charge her as a fugitive.  Doesn't make sense the clock running out cancels out any possible punishment by the government.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #121 on: July 13, 2023, 08:59:04 pm »
I love time travel, and the recent movie The Adam Project with Ryan Reynolds is a fun movie.  It is on Netflix right now, and I must have watched it half a dozen times.  A good family movie.

Offline verga

« Reply #122 on: July 16, 2023, 01:15:59 pm »
Just finished watching "The Last thing he said to me" with Jennifer Garner. Very enjoyable. Great pacing and a good story.
Also in the middle of "Hijack" with Idris Elba. Very twisty and engrossing.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #123 on: July 17, 2023, 12:41:22 am »
We are watching the Amazon series “Jury Duty”. It’s quite humorous.

Offline verga

« Reply #124 on: July 17, 2023, 09:17:38 am »
Went to see "The Sound of Freedom". Put this on your must se list.
It is the story of A Homeland Security agent Tim Ballard, who gets involved in rescuing children from sex trafficking rings. Bring some Kleenex with you.