Author Topic: Al Jazeera: We are “greening” ourselves to extinction  (Read 134 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Al Jazeera: We are “greening” ourselves to extinction
« on: February 03, 2023, 12:38:24 pm »
Al Jazeera: We are “greening” ourselves to extinction
18 hours ago Eric Worrall 32 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

h/t rhs; Greens are waking up that many of their corporate and political friends are greedy unscrupulous profiteers, who have no intention of genuinely attempting to reduce CO2 emissions.

We are ‘greening’ ourselves to extinction

Apocalypse investors are pushing fake climate solutions on us that are making climate change worse.

Published On 29 Jan 202329 Jan 2023

More than a decade ago, investment experts James Altucher and Douglas Sease wrote a book for the Wall Street Journal called Investing in the Apocalypse. They argued that the end of the world is a profitable opportunity for those who know how to “fade the fear”, as everyone else panics. They maintained that when disaster strikes, investors should approach it with the rationale that “no matter how bad things seem, they really aren’t that bad”.

Well before the COVID-19 pandemic, they advised investing in big pharmaceutical companies as a strategy to reap dividends from global pandemics. They also encouraged putting money into renewable energy systems while ramping up oil production.

What is worse, governments and corporations have teamed up to turn the apocalypse into a money-making opportunity. They have rushed to put forward false solutions to the climate crisis: from the push to replace fuel-engine vehicles with electric ones, to so-called climate-smart agriculture, to protected areas for nature conservation and massive tree planting projects for carbon offsets.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/02/02/al-jazeera-we-are-greening-ourselves-to-extinction/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson