Author Topic: Pentagon: Chinese spy balloon spotted over Western US  (Read 11737 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Pentagon: Chinese spy balloon spotted over Western US
« Reply #125 on: February 03, 2023, 11:56:57 pm »
Joseph Nations
@JosephNationsAK

Even debating shooting it down is cuckery

They should've shot that down over Alaska

6:33 PM · Feb 3, 2023

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #126 on: February 04, 2023, 12:03:24 am »
From RinVa's post #87:
"This is one of the most humiliating spectacles in our nation’s history. A giant Chinese spy balloon traversing unmolested across our sovereign airspace without a worry in the world"

Question:

If the United States is not able to deal with (i.e., shoot down) a Chinese CCP surveillance aircraft floating over America...

... then how is it going to defend (and win) a WAR with China over Taiwan...?

I guess we now know the answer to that question.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #127 on: February 04, 2023, 12:07:10 am »
Brianna Lyman
@briannalyman2

When a U.S. spy plane flew near Chinese air space in 2001, China sent TWO FIGHTER JETS to take it down, ultimately clipping the U.S. fighter plane and forcing an emergency landing in China.

When China flies a surveillance balloon over our nukes, we tell people to "look up."

3:49 PM · Feb 3, 2023

« Reply #128 on: February 04, 2023, 01:01:53 am »
“When I’m back in the White House, instead of hunting down Republicans, a reformed FBI and DOJ will be hunting down Chinese Spies.”

"President Trump vows to immediately restart and strengthen his Chinese Espionage Task Force at the DOJ that Biden shut down.". (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/MAGAIncWarRoom/status/1621633535227428864

« Reply #129 on: February 04, 2023, 01:19:24 am »
There is another Chinese surveillance balloon transiting Latin America right now, @PentagonPresSec says in a new statement.— Natasha Bertrand (@NatashaBertrand) February 4, 2023

A US official tells CNN that this balloon does not appear to be heading toward the US at this time.— Natasha Bertrand (@NatashaBertrand) February 4, 2023

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #130 on: February 04, 2023, 01:36:21 am »
Since "Watter's World" in the 7PM hour, it's being announced there has been a large explosion over the sky near Billings, Montana.

The Montana governor is appearing on the Tucker Carlson show right now.  He said he wasn't even informed of the balloon until it was hundreds of miles into 'Montana airspace'.  He was pissed.

NOTE:  Neither Jesse Watters or Tucker Carlson are suggesting there is a link between the 'explosion' and a supposed 2nd balloon which had been traversing Canada.

Personally, I don't see how it wasn't shot down already.  Even if they were using the latitude/longitude locations as 'targets' for their intercontinental missiles.  They should be toast right now.

For the military spokesman to claim fear of injury from fallen debris...in Montana (god bless ya, @roamer_1  ) I think he'd agree to take his chances.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online roamer_1

« Reply #134 on: February 04, 2023, 01:56:33 am »
For the military spokesman to claim fear of injury from fallen debris...in Montana (god bless ya, @roamer_1  ) I think he'd agree to take his chances.

Sure @DCPatriot ... Not to mention thousands of square miles in rural AK and CA before it ever got here. Other than Billings... twenty, thirty miles away, there's flat nothing.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #135 on: February 04, 2023, 02:11:41 am »
Sure @DCPatriot ... Not to mention thousands of square miles in rural AK and CA before it ever got here. Other than Billings... twenty, thirty miles away, there's flat nothing.

@roamer_1

For their ability to instantly set targets for future EMPs...to completely shut down the electrical grid...frying all your stuff in the process is reason for their immediate demise.

"POOF!!"  You're in the Stone Age, can't even write in cursive, let alone chop wood, build a fire, find something to skin and eat...

LOL!  We all used to laugh at the suggestion it would take 30 days...and people would be eating one another. (Without electricity)

Today, I'd give it...BEFORE THE SUN GOES DOWN!!       :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #136 on: February 04, 2023, 02:43:23 am »
Senator Deb Fischer
@SenatorFischer
They knew the CCP spy balloon was coming, they knew it was here.

It's likely already passed over NE, which is home to a number of important military assets.

By failing to neutralize this earlier, the Biden admin. further complicated this egregious incursion into our airspace.

After a 20 mile flight from Philadelphia to New Castle, DE aboard Air Force One, Biden is back home in Delaware.  He can't be bothered with national security issues involving US air space.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #137 on: February 04, 2023, 03:04:50 am »
And we were prepared to shoot down a commercial airliner on 9-11.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online roamer_1

« Reply #138 on: February 04, 2023, 03:08:38 am »
"POOF!!"  You're in the Stone Age, can't even write in cursive, let alone chop wood, build a fire, find something to skin and eat...

Well, speak for yourself on that one friend  happy77
I will make do.  :beer:

LOL!  We all used to laugh at the suggestion it would take 30 days...and people would be eating one another. (Without electricity)

Today, I'd give it...BEFORE THE SUN GOES DOWN!!       :laugh:

That's right @DCPatriot ... in all seriousness, all y'all better get back to your roots because the day is surely coming, one way or the other.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #139 on: February 04, 2023, 03:33:24 am »
After a 20 mile flight from Philadelphia to New Castle, DE aboard Air Force One, Biden is back home in Delaware.  He can't be bothered with national security issues involving US air space.

And today, one of the top Military/Pentagon people said "...you have no right to ask..." [about it].

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #140 on: February 04, 2023, 03:43:12 am »
Correct, but the trends underway suggest otherwise.  That moment or soon after when the Chicoms surpass us in GDP will likely be followed by some form of a currency reset.  That will be when the SHTF, and we start circling the drain.

They'll be the economic superpower, and a nation like ours that leveraged itself (by that time....  200-300% of debt to GDP ratio?), will slump into 3rd world status.
That was before zero-COVID wrecked China's economy, set off a supply chain crisis and tarnished the reliability of the Chinese economy in the eyes of the western world.

Though the developed world still relies on the third world for consumer goods, take one look at most of your apparel labels and you can see that the "Made in..." is increasingly no longer "China," but some impoverished Middle Eastern, South Asian or African sweatshop.

The one thing that China hasn't lost yet is microchips. But that will eventually come to a head.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #141 on: February 04, 2023, 04:46:56 am »
Has anyone seen any data on the balloon movement since sundown?

Seems Airport radar would at least be able to give an estimate.  News outlets sure aren't
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #142 on: February 04, 2023, 04:53:53 am »
That was before zero-COVID wrecked China's economy, set off a supply chain crisis and tarnished the reliability of the Chinese economy in the eyes of the western world.

Though the developed world still relies on the third world for consumer goods, take one look at most of your apparel labels and you can see that the "Made in..." is increasingly no longer "China," but some impoverished Middle Eastern, South Asian or African sweatshop.

The one thing that China hasn't lost yet is microchips. But that will eventually come to a head.

I think COVID was a mere Chicom breather in the new arms race which will be world economic domination.

They are experts and among the best in the world in theft of intellectual property and patents. They have networks and systems that will sustain technological advances for decades.  They have a leg up on rare earth and other natural resources that will control the world.   And don't forget they are establishing massive infrastructure and ownership in  South America and Africa that will end up resulting in a Chicom level of Imperialism that will dwarf even what the UK had 150 -200 years ago.

I think  you are counting these blood suckers out way too soon. 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 04:54:45 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #143 on: February 04, 2023, 06:44:07 am »
Does a Sovereign Natation give an enemy unfettered access to its skies?
Nope. Apparently not.
KAL Flight 007, for instance.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_Air_Lines_Flight_007
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #144 on: February 04, 2023, 06:48:21 am »
February 3, 2023 2:41pm EST
Hawley demands Homeland Security investigation into Biden's 'baffling' response to Chinese spy balloon
The Chinese surveillance balloon hovering over the U.S. has moved to the central part of the country

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hawley-demands-homeland-security-investigation-bidens-baffling-response-chinese-spy-balloon
"Central Part"?

Like Minot, ND?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #145 on: February 04, 2023, 06:50:22 am »
@DCPatriot

So freaking what?

Let Musk sue them in international court for the financial losses.

If that doesn't work,he can sue them in US court for the losses and damages.
Considering Elon Musk has the people who could make sure nothing China put in space would last more than a few orbits, I think they'd be best off to think long and hard about that.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #146 on: February 04, 2023, 06:53:13 am »
They don't call that part of the Big Sky Country "The Big Empty" for nothing.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #147 on: February 04, 2023, 06:53:52 am »
I think COVID was a mere Chicom breather in the new arms race which will be world economic domination.

They are experts and among the best in the world in theft of intellectual property and patents. They have networks and systems that will sustain technological advances for decades.  They have a leg up on rare earth and other natural resources that will control the world.   And don't forget they are establishing massive infrastructure and ownership in  South America and Africa that will end up resulting in a Chicom level of Imperialism that will dwarf even what the UK had 150 -200 years ago.

I think  you are counting these blood suckers out way too soon.
:beer:

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #148 on: February 04, 2023, 03:04:53 pm »
Nope. Apparently not.
KAL Flight 007, for instance.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_Air_Lines_Flight_007

And that was over international waters.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #149 on: February 04, 2023, 03:14:11 pm »
They are experts and among the best in the world in theft of intellectual property and patents. They have networks and systems that will sustain technological advances for decades.

This is true.  However, this makes them woefully inept when it comes to innovation.

The Ukraine War has put the brakes on that.  China is witnessing the failures of the Russian Army against a bunch of "drug addicts and nazis" (as Putin describes them).  And China knows their military operates the same way as Russia's.  Where before they might have tried to take Taiwan, now they are making a more honest assessment of their capabilities and discovering their shortcomings.

Over history, China has been able to amass huge fleets of ships.  But these fleets have never achieved any significant conquests by invasion.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-