Author Topic: Air Force Intel Officer Had Hundreds of Classified and Secret Files at His Florida Home  (Read 85 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Air Force Intel Officer Had Hundreds of Classified and Secret Files at His Florida Home

1 Feb 2023
Military.com | By Thomas Novelly

A retired Air Force intelligence officer accepted a plea deal with federal prosecutors last year admitting to illegally possessing hundreds of top secret and classified documents, according to court records filed Friday.

Lt. Col. Robert Birchum, whose career stretched from 1986 to 2018, worked in various jobs in intelligence and served as chief of combat intelligence "for a certain Air Force group," according to court documents. Prior to his retirement, he also worked with classified intelligence information at Joint Special Operations Command, Special Operations Command and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence.

But on Jan. 24, 2017, the year before his retirement, the Air Force's Office of Special Investigations received information that Birchum had been storing classified information on a thumb drive at his home in Tampa, Florida, the plea deal details. Investigators raided his home that same day, seizing the thumb drive, a computer, a hard drive and numerous paper documents.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2023/02/01/air-force-intel-officer-had-hundreds-of-classified-and-secret-files-his-florida-home.html?ESRC=eb_230202.nl
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
So, what's wrong with that?  It seems congress has declared open season on secrecy and the POTUS has approved it.  :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

So, why isn't Biden being arraigned on similar charges?