Author Topic: New US Marine units are taking position on 'key terrain' around Taiwan as tensions rise with China  (Read 72 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New US Marine units are taking position on 'key terrain' around Taiwan as tensions rise with China
Story by insider@insider.com (Christopher Woody) • Yesterday 7:00 AM

The US and Japan said in January that a Marine Littoral Regiment will be set up in Japan by 2025.
A Marine Littoral Regiment will also hold a major exercise in the northern Philippines this spring.
Those moves reflect the US's focus on being able to operate around Pacific in a war with China.
US Marine Corps units designed to fight on remote islands will soon take position close to Taiwan, reflecting preparations by the US and its allies for a potential conflict with China over the island that Beijing claims as part of its territory.

This month, US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin III announced that a Marine artillery regiment based on the Japanese island of Okinawa would be reorganized as a Marine Littoral Regiment by 2025 and be outfitted with "advanced intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance" capabilities and anti-ship weaponry that is "relevant to the current and future threat environments."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/new-us-marine-units-are-taking-position-on-key-terrain-around-taiwan-as-tensions-rise-with-china/ar-AA16YZcF?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=202590966f7941e48f5fc82bd5d28f67
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson