Author Topic: Army Strykers Destroy Attacking Drones & Mortars With 50kw Laser  (Read 68 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army Strykers Destroy Attacking Drones & Mortars With 50kw Laser
« on: February 02, 2023, 02:22:44 pm »
Army Strykers Destroy Attacking Drones & Mortars With 50kw Laser
Fast-developing High Energy Laser weapons are increasingly able to expand the attack envelope for Army ground units facing enemy air attacks

U.S. ARMY | MARINES NEWS
By Kris Osborn - President, Center for Military Modernization

(Washington D.C.) Army Strykers recently incinerated incoming mortar fire and drones with a vehicle-fired 50kW laser weapon, breaking new ground with the fast-developing High Energy Laser weapon increasingly able to expand the attack envelope for ground units facing enemy air attacks.

Drone attacks, precision artillery, helicopter weapons, fixed-wing threats and mortar fire are all clear dangers to a moving armored formation such as a maneuvering Stryker Infantry Brigade Combat Team closing with an enemy. However, the troubling realization among many Army ground war leaders following the 15 years of counterinsurgency in the War on Terrorism, is that the US Army’s Cold War Air Defense readiness had severely “atrophied” while fighting in environments with little to no air threat.

Directed Energy Maneuver-Short Range Air Defense

The Army’s Directed Energy Maneuver-Short Range Air Defense, called DE M-SHORAD, is a fast-evolving, cutting edge effort to address this deficit. The DE M-SHORAD destroyed drones and 60mm mortars during a key operational assessment of the HEL weapon at White Sands Missile Range, NM. Made by Raytheon, the HEL is engineered with an “automated queuing” from electro-optical/infrared sensors and scalable power levels.

https://warriormaven.com/land/army-strykers-drones-laser-directed-energy-maneuver-short-range-air-defense
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson