Author Topic: Alabama starts first wave of early release for hundreds of prison inmates including murderers and ra  (Read 439 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Alabama starts first wave of early release for hundreds of prison inmates including murderers and rapists
February 1, 2023 | Terresa Monroe-Hamilton

Over 400 inmates, including murderers and rapists, are being released from prisons in Alabama up to a year early due to overcrowding because of a new law that allows them to finish their sentences under parole supervision.

The media is reporting that between 92 and 97 inmates were released on Tuesday. Originally, between 408 and 412 were to be released immediately, but that has changed ostensibly because the Alabama Department of Corrections has not met the statutorily-required victim notification requirements, according to WSFA. The inmates released were the first wave of those slated to be set loose.

The bill granting these prisoners release was passed by the state legislature in 2021 and contended it was for easing overcrowding. Some of those getting out have committed heinous crimes such as raping minors and murdering family members, according to the Daily Mail. They are fitted with ankle monitors when they leave.

The Daily Mail reports that 29 murderers and 21 rapists are among those scheduled for release.

Inmates who are not picked up when they are let out will be transported to local bus stations since they have no phones or money. Police have been warned to prepare for overcrowding at bus stops.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/02/01/alabama-starts-first-wave-of-early-release-for-hundreds-of-prison-inmates-including-murderers-and-rapists-1329460/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Alabama media has probably agreed not to report any crimes committed by this group.  Otherwise, this liberal assault on the freedom of law-abiding people could face a quick demise. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Alabama?

Is that not a "conservative" state?

Well... if this can happen in Alabama... it can (and will) happen anywhere.

Offline Kamaji

Alabama???  WTF?

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Thankfully Alabamans are well armed, cuz they're gonna need it.
The Republic is lost.