Author Topic: Mayorkas hit with new impeachment article over 'reckless abandonment' of border security  (Read 264 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
February 1, 2023 3:23pm EST
DHS Secretary Mayorkas hit with new impeachment article over 'reckless abandonment' of border security
Arizona Republican accuses Biden secretary of 'reckless abandonment' of border security

By Adam Shaw | Fox News

FIRST ON FOX: Rep. Andy Biggs, R-Ariz., is introducing a new impeachment article against Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, accusing him of violaring his oath of office and failing to enforce U.S. immigration law.

The articles were first introduced by Biggs, who has repeatedly called for Mayorkas to be removed from his position, in 2021 and accuse Mayorkas of having" engaged in a pattern of conduct that is incompatible with his duties as an Officer of the United States."

Now, with a record 2.3 million encounters of migrants in FY 2022, and more than 251,000 in December alone -- and with Republicans having taken control of the House -- that impeachment push has been renewed.

"Secretary Mayorkas has failed to faithfully uphold his oath and has instead presided over a reckless abandonment of border security and immigration enforcement, at the expense of the Constitution and the security of the United States. Secretary Mayorkas has violated, and continues to violate, this oath by failing to maintain operational control of the border and releasing hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens into the interior of the United States."

It also accuses him of having failed to implement the 2006 Secure Fence Act which requires DHS to take actions to "achieve and maintain operational control" over the border.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dhs-secretary-mayorkas-hit-new-impeachment-article-reckless-abandonment-border
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
A mighty Oak starts with a single Acorn.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
A mighty Oak starts with a single Acorn.

:yowsa:

The water ain't gonna clear up until we get the pigs outta the creek!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

:yowsa:

The water ain't gonna clear up until we get the pigs outta the creek!

:thumbsup:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: