Author Topic: Gov. Abbott appoints 'border czar' who intends to make Texas 'least desirable place for illegal immi  (Read 214 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Gov. Abbott appoints 'border czar' who intends to make Texas 'least desirable place for illegal immigration'
NEWS
CANDACE HATHAWAYJanuary 31, 2023

On Monday, Texas Governor Greg Abbott (R) appointed a recently retired Border Patrol agent as the state's new "border czar," the Texas Tribune reported.

Michael Banks, who retired from Border Patrol this month after more than 20 years on the job, was appointed by Abbott to "tap his expertise to deploy strategies that reduce illegal immigration and keep our community safe."

According to Banks, his top priority "is to make the state of Texas the least desirable place for illegal immigration to cross. I don't think it's going to be that difficult. ... We just need to be more aggressive."

During his Monday announcement, Abbott explained that he created the new border czar position because the immigration crisis "requires a leader whose only focus is responding" to the Biden administration's failing policies.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/gov-abbott-appoints-border-czar-who-intends-to-make-texas-least-desirable-place-for-illegal-immigration
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline MajorClay