Author Topic: Adding up the ecological costs of the immigration crisis  (Read 135 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Adding up the ecological costs of the immigration crisis
« on: February 01, 2023, 12:44:08 pm »
Adding up the ecological costs of the immigration crisis
Jeremy Beck's picture

PUBLISHED:  Mon, JAN 23rd 2023 @ 1:46 pm EST  by  Jeremy Beck

Limits to immigration are necessary to enable us to meet our ecological, environmental, and conservation goals. From a practical standpoint, there is very little difference between having no immigration limits and having unenforced immigration limits.

Contact Congress
Hundreds of millions of people around the world would like to come to the U.S. and consume like Americans. But if everyone in the world consumed like Americans, we would need five earths to provide all of the resources.

Many Americans are working to reduce their individual consumption and shrink their ecological footprint. But all of their collective efforts are undermined by Congress and the Executive branch increasing the total number of consumers via legal and illegal immigration.

The record-breaking wave of illegal immigration is occurring right now because economic migrants know they have a very high chance of being released into the United States (with a work permit) if they enter illegally and claim to have a "credible fear" if they return. By law, they should be detained, but most are released (with work permits) and never required to return even if their asylum claim is denied.

As the Custom and Borders Protection chart below shows, the word has gotten out.

https://www.numbersusa.com/blog/adding-ecological-costs-immigration-crisis
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson