Author Topic: California cops shoot dead double amputee, 36, as he tries to run away from them on his stumps: Poli  (Read 405 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
California cops shoot dead double amputee, 36, as he tries to run away from them on his stumps: Police department says officers feared he was going to 'throw his knife at them'

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT
    Anthony Lowe Jr. was killed by Huntington Park Police officers on Thursday
    He had just stabbed someone and was trying to flee on his stumps
    The officers fired at least eight shots at Lowe Jr, who died at the scene 

By Jen Smith, Chief Reporter For Dailymail.Com

Published: 10:37 EST, 31 January 2023 | Updated: 13:23 EST, 31 January 2023

A group of California police officers shot and killed a double amputee on Thursday as he tried to run away from them on his stumps after jumping out of his wheelchair.

The three cops from Huntington Park Police Department were filmed firing at least eight shots at Anthony Lowe Jr., a 36-year-old father-of-two.

His family say he lost the lower halves of his legs recently after an altercation with police in Texas. 

Lowe Jr. had just stabbed someone unprovoked, according to the police department, and was trying to run away from two officers on Thursday.

First, they tried to Tase him, chasing him as he ran down the sidewalk, away from the wheelchair he had leaped from.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11697109/Huntington-Park-cops-shoot-dead-double-amputee-Anthony-Lowe-Jr-tries-run.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Damn.  They shot Dorf!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline verga

Well at least they tried to taser him first.  9999hair out0000
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Polly Ticks

Who is training these guys?
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Police responded to the reported stabbing and were given a description of a man in a wheelchair. When police tried to detain Lowe, he pulled out a 12-inch butcher knife and attempted to throw it at the officers. He was tased at least twice, but the tasing was "ineffective." Lowe tried throwing the butcher's knife at the officers again, which is when police shot Lowe.

Ok, so the taser didn't work and he tried to throw the knife at them a second time, but come on eight shots? What the hell!

Oh yeah, Huntington Park, 97% Hispanic, 1.1% White, 0.9% Black. Ya wanna bet that the narrative is that White racism was responsible for the guys death?

I have memories of my mother taking us shopping in Huntington Park as a small child and sparks from the overhead power for the electric rail system at night. Dare I say? I dare, I dare! What a different world when it was majority White.

Offline Kamaji

Offline Idiot

Damn.  They shot Dorf!
Speaking of Dorf...  We made a special trip to see Tim Conway in Branson a number of years ago.  He told the crowd he was only there to pay off his horse racing debts...and he was serious. The entire routine lasted 45 min at best and was awful.  I always liked Conway until then. @Wingnut 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Why didn't they just shoot him in the leg?

:thud:

If he is throwing the knife repeatedly, you would think he'd run out of knife.

Sequester the weapon, and take him down. A little patience (considering the sidewalk is empty of others), and contain the scene, and he'd be alive.

////00000////
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Speaking of Dorf...  We made a special trip to see Tim Conway in Branson a number of years ago.  He told the crowd he was only there to pay off his horse racing debts...and he was serious. The entire routine lasted 45 min at best and was awful.  I always liked Conway until then. @Wingnut

Ouch. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.