Author Topic: Military must find new ways to deal with medical personnel shortages  (Read 95 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Military must find new ways to deal with medical personnel shortages
By Karen Jowers
 Jan 30, 05:20 PM

Military medicine may be at a turning point as it becomes increasingly affected by many of the same issues, such as shortages, facing the entire United States medical community, said the new director of the Defense Health Agency.

“We have to acknowledge that we’re part of an ecosystem, so if the United States is going to be short 250,000 to 300,000 nurses, which is a projection, that forces the health care system to look very hard at a model that is dependent on nurses,” said Lt. Gen. Telita Crosland, director of the Defense Health Agency, in a Jan. 20 interview with Military Times and other media.

“Nurses are everywhere in our health care system,” Crosland added, referencing practitioners ranging from operating and emergency room nurses to case managers and advice lines staff. “We have to look hard at our model of care.”

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2023/01/30/military-must-find-new-ways-to-deal-with-medical-personnel-shortages/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Military must find new ways to deal with medical personnel shortages
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 12:00:18 pm »
Almost every article about the US military seems to have the word "shortage" in it somewhere.  With one high ranking officer predicting some kind of war with China by 2025, things don't seem to be going real positively under Biden and Milley.  Wokeness is taking its toll. :reaper:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson