Author Topic: Car catches fire after attempt to break onto California Marine base  (Read 86 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Car catches fire after attempt to break onto California Marine base
By Irene Loewenson
 Jan 30, 04:24 AM

A car caught on fire after its driver tried to enter illegally through the main gate of Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, California, on Friday evening.

“We can confirm at approximately 6:30 p.m. there was an attempt to gain unauthorized access to the installation,” the Marine base announced via Twitter Friday night. “The MCB Camp Pendleton Provost Marshall Office deployed the final denial barriers and disabled the vehicle.”

“After the vehicle made contact with the final denial barriers, it did ignite on fire,” 1st Lt. Taylor Schrick, a spokeswoman for the base, added in a statement to Marine Corps Times.

Video that circulated on social media and on local news station ABC 7 appears to show the front part of a car engulfed in flames, having hit security barriers sticking out of the ground.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2023/01/30/car-catches-fire-after-attempt-to-break-onto-california-marine-base/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Car catches fire after attempt to break onto California Marine base
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 11:48:54 am »
I can't imagine anyone with near the stupidity it would take to try and break INTO a Marine base. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson