Author Topic: F-22: The Air Force’s Most Powerful Fighter Ever?  (Read 77 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
F-22: The Air Force’s Most Powerful Fighter Ever?
« on: January 31, 2023, 11:28:30 am »
F-22: The Air Force’s Most Powerful Fighter Ever?
Story by Peter Suciu • Sunday

Combining stealth, supercruise, maneuverability, and integrated avionics, coupled with improved supportability, the Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor represented an exponential leap in warfighting capabilities when it was introduced in 2005.

Even today, the F-22 cannot be matched by any known or project fighter aircraft and it is easy to see why this fifth-generation stealth warplane could remain part of the United States Air Force’s fleet for decades to come.

F-22: A History
Developed at the Aeronautical Systems Center at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base outside Dayton, Ohio, the advanced tactical fighter was designed as a supersonic, dual-engine fighter that could project air dominance, rapidly and at great distances and defeat threats attempting to deny access. Lockheed Martin teamed with Boeing to develop and build the extremely advanced tactical fighter to replace the F-15 as the United States military’s front-line dominance fighter.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/f-22-the-air-force-s-most-powerful-fighter-ever/ar-AA16S71b?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=9eb66c2f60654a7f8aefa70640632c2e
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson