Author Topic: Media Agrees: Blame White People For Five Black Cops Beating Tyre Nichols  (Read 472 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Media Agrees: Blame White People For Five Black Cops Beating Tyre Nichols
Chris Menahan
InformationLiberation
Jan. 27, 2023

White people are to blame for five black cops beating 29-year-old black man Tyre Nichols after he evaded and resisted arrest earlier this month in Memphis, Tennessee, according to the controlled media.

From CNN:
Opinion: The police who killed Tyre Nichols were Black. But they might still have been driven by racism

by Van Jones

Updated 7:13 PM EST, Fri January 27, 2023

Three decades ago, when four White Los Angeles police officers were videotaped beating Rodney King, the public outcry was heard around the world. [...]

From the King beating to the murder nearly three years ago of George Floyd, American society has often focused on the race of the officers — so often White — as a factor in their deplorable acts of violence.

https://www.informationliberation.com/?id=63570
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 :bsflag:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

What pure bullsh*t.

Black Privilege is alive and well; even when it's the fault of black culture, and individual black actors, whitey still gets blamed for it.

Offline verga

Just like it was the fault of white people to burn all those Democratically controlled cites like Portland, Detroit, and Chicago
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
These articles' sole purpose...to incite more violence and sow more division.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"This is a video of police enforcing white supremacy. I'm sure CNN will play it on a non-stop loop"

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1620080919389548544

Offline verga

"This is a video of police enforcing white supremacy. I'm sure CNN will play it on a non-stop loop"

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1620080919389548544
Chris Rock did a video several years ago about how not to get beat up by the police.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEvMc-K8XHY
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online berdie

I generally come down on the side of the police. They deal with a lot of stupid, dangerous people. But in this case not so much.

If five police can't subdue one man (resisting or not) without beating the poop out of him, and seemingly enjoying it, there is a problem.

I keep looking for a back story for this to make sense. It may boil down to the fact that there are bad actors in every crowd. If that becomes the narrative, which it seems to be, the only blame lies on the police that committed the act.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 11:01:50 pm by berdie »

Offline The_Reader_David

To the extent that there is blame to be distributed beyond the five thugs acting under color of law, it rests squarely with those who train police and fix their rules of engagement and on the courts which have gutted any notion that police are peace officers with a duty to protect the public and created the notion of qualified immunity that cops seem to regard as giving them carte blanche to violate citizens' civil rights. 

I'm sure some of that more diffuse blame falls upon some white folk, not because they are white, but because they created our circumstances in which police misconduct is encouraged before the fact and coddled after.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 03:10:12 am by The_Reader_David »
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline verga

I generally come down on the side of the police. They deal with a lot of stupid, dangerous people. But in this case not so much.

If five police can't subdue one man (resisting or not) without beating the poop out of him, and seemingly enjoying it, there is a problem.

I keep looking for a back story for this to make sense. It may boil down to the fact that there are bad actors in every crowd. If that becomes the narrative, which it seems to be, the only blame lies on the police that committed the act.
Agree 100%. When I lived up north I used to assist in training Police cadets in the use of the "Tactical defensive baton". At the end of the training we told them that if they were ever involved in a "Rodney King" episode that we would be the very first ones the District attorney would call to testify agaisnt them.