Author Topic: Straight Talk on the Latest Riots  (Read 312 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Straight Talk on the Latest Riots
« on: January 30, 2023, 12:14:20 pm »
January 29, 2023
Straight Talk on the Latest Riots
By Clarice Feldman

Riots broke out in Memphis and are rapidly spreading through the usual urban areas. The purported rationale is the horrific beating to death in Memphis of Tyre Nichols captured on video and released by the police. As Glenn Reynolds (Instapundit) observes, Nichols’ beating was administered by “Black officers in a majority Black city with a Black police chief.”

The officers involved have been criminally charged, but the media to which every Black killed by a cop is just proof that we are still in the Selma, Alabama world of decades ago -- another case of some innocent Black person victimized by racist oppressors.

The odious Joy Reid at MSNBC highlighted a guest who blames Nichols’ death on “white supremacy” and CNN’s Van Jones opined “The police who killed Tyre Nichols were Black. But they still may have been driven by racism.”

To the contrary, I blame the death on those who actually administered the beating and the lack of rapid medical treatment, but people like Reid and Jones who refuse to acknowledge the murderous consequences of a savage urban Black culture which time and again ends on tragedy and who stir up absurdly conjured racism are also at fault.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/01/straight_talk_on_the_latest_riots.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Straight Talk on the Latest Riots
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2023, 12:18:33 pm »
Black radicals and white do-gooders know screaming racism will, whether true or not, incite enough people to create the conditions for unrest and horribly bad media stories.  It keeps hatred in the air which is what they want. :taz:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2023, 01:18:39 pm »
Black radicals and white do-gooders know screaming racism will, whether true or not, incite enough people to create the conditions for unrest and horribly bad media stories.  It keeps hatred in the air which is what they want. :taz:

Yup.

Online LMAO

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2023, 02:00:26 pm »
I hear  a lot of liberals making statements such as “the culture of inner city police departments has to change.”

Ok, fine. But what about the inner-city black culture itself? Does it not have any responsibility in any of this? In these inner cities, police have to deal with a lot of violence and many suspects that not only are not cooperative in many cases, but fight. And an inner city cop goes goes to work in many instances not knowing if he’s gonna finish his shift and come home

« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 02:03:30 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2023, 02:09:27 pm »
I hear  a lot of liberals making statements such as “the culture of inner city police departments has to change.”

Ok, fine. But what about the inner-city black culture itself? Does it not have any responsibility in any of this? In these inner cities, police have to deal with a lot of violence and many suspects that not only are not cooperative in many cases, but fight. And an inner city cop goes goes to work in many instances not knowing if he’s gonna finish his shift and come home

:thumbsup: