Author Topic: ‘We Are Our Own Worst Enemy!’: LeBron James Accused of Blaming Black People for Tyre Nichols’ Death  (Read 248 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘We Are Our Own Worst Enemy!’: LeBron James Accused of Blaming Black People for Tyre Nichols’ Death

PAUL BOIS29 Jan 2023474

NBA basketball icon LeBron James has taken a beating on social media after saying black people are “our own worst enemy” in response to the police brutality incident that led to the death of Tyre Nichols.

Last week, the nation came to a standstill when released footage showed five black Memphis police officers brutally beating Tyre Nichols during an arrest, which subsequently led to his death. Basketball star LeBron James, who has spent the latter half of his career pushing social justice messages regarding race, used the moment to say black people are “our own worst enemy.”

Initially, James responded to a tweet from MSNBC analyst Brittany Cunningham, which said that policing is a tool of systemic racism no matter the race of the officers.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2023/01/29/we-are-our-own-worst-enemy-lebron-james-accused-blaming-black-people-tyre-nichols-death/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
He is, of course, correct, but will likely change his position after receiving enough push back. :yowsa:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

He is, of course, correct, but will likely change his position after receiving enough push back. :yowsa:

:thumbsup:

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org