Author Topic: Why the M1 Abrams Tank Seems Unstoppable  (Read 141 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Why the M1 Abrams Tank Seems Unstoppable
« on: January 30, 2023, 10:54:56 am »
Why the M1 Abrams Tank Seems Unstoppable
Story by Harrison Kass • Saturday

At nearly 62 metric tons, the M1 Abrams is one of the heaviest tanks ever produced.

The hulking Abrams was introduced in 1980, just in time for decades and decades of Middle Eastern conflict. The Abrams, which was jammed with novel features, has performed admirably as the primary battle tank of the United States Army.   

Leading the Third-Generation Tank Charge
The M1 Abrams is a third-generation tank. Third-generation tanks began appearing amongst affluent nations in the 70s and 80s – even as poorer nations continued developing second-generation tanks well into the 21st century.

For example, the Soviet Union, United States, and United Kingdom all had third-generation tanks by the mid 80s, whereas Ukraine and Bangladesh were still pumping out second-generation models during Obama’s second term. Third-generation tanks are known for their composite armor and their computer stabilized fire control systems – advanced firing systems that enable firing on the move with accuracy up to 2,000 meters.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/why-the-m1-abrams-tank-seems-unstoppable/ar-AA16RcyJ?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=bae4f487c3ff4801893f0516e9fee28f
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Why the M1 Abrams Tank Seems Unstoppable
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2023, 10:57:43 am »
"Unstoppable" is not very woke-like.  The joint chiefs are going to have to do something to make it less formidable and more in kind with the rest of the world. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Why the M1 Abrams Tank Seems Unstoppable
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2023, 10:45:02 pm »
Gonna find out just how "unstoppable" it is pretty soon -- over in Ukraine...