Author Topic: Meet the Seawolf-Class: The U.S. Navy’s Powerhouse Submarine  (Read 91 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Meet the Seawolf-Class: The U.S. Navy’s Powerhouse Submarine
« on: January 30, 2023, 10:51:31 am »
Meet the Seawolf-Class: The U.S. Navy’s Powerhouse Submarine
Story by Harrison Kass • Yesterday 8:25 AM

What makes the Seawolf-Class so special? During the Eisenhower administration, as the Cold War peaked and the world order hung in the balance, the Soviets and Americans were locked in a grueling arms race.

On land, and in the air and sea, both nations rushed to out-design and out-produce their nemesis, with an urgency and paranoia that seemingly only existential conflict can produce.

At the time, the two rivals were the only nations in the world equipped with nuclear weapons – and each nation placed a special emphasis on systems within the nuclear triad.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/meet-the-seawolf-class-the-u-s-navy-s-powerhouse-submarine/ar-AA16REhM?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=bae4f487c3ff4801893f0516e9fee28f
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson