Author Topic: Should Americans Be Sold Into Slavery to Pay Slavery Reparations?  (Read 371 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Should Americans Be Sold Into Slavery to Pay Slavery Reparations?
"The U.S. government should pay $14 trillion in reparations to black Americans"
January 29, 2023 by Daniel Greenfield 4 Comments

California wants $569 billion in slavery reparations.

A California task force studying the long-term effects of slavery and systemic racism on black residents in the state has estimated a whopping $569 billion in reparations is owed to the descendants of enslaved people, according to a report.

But that would just be the down payment on national payments that would amount to 60% of our GDP.

To help close the racial wealth gap, the U.S. government should pay $14 trillion in reparations to black Americans, according to William A. Darity and A. Kirsten Mullen, authors of “From Here to Equality: Reparations for Black Americans in the Twenty-First Century.”

https://www.frontpagemag.com/should-americans-be-sold-into-slavery-to-pay-slavery-reparations/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline goatprairie

Re: Should Americans Be Sold Into Slavery to Pay Slavery Reparations?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2023, 03:43:48 pm »
The U.S. government aka American taxpayer has already paid more than 20 trillion dollars to black people in the form of welfare.
The black demographic doesn't pull their weight as far as the GDP.
It might be time for black Americans to start pulling their weight instead of being an annual half trillion dollar drag.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2023, 11:11:29 pm »
Reparations is destined to become the "new civil rights movement" of the twenty-first century.

Wait and see.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2023, 05:56:31 pm »
The U.S. government aka American taxpayer has already paid more than 20 trillion dollars to black people in the form of welfare.
The black demographic doesn't pull their weight as far as the GDP.
It might be time for black Americans to start pulling their weight instead of being an annual half trillion dollar drag.

:thumbsup:

Offline BellyAche

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2023, 07:01:19 pm »
On government assisted programs and such, there's a graph that you can pull up on this page. (Scroll a bit to find a box, filter):

https://www.census.gov/library/stories/2022/05/who-is-receiving-social-safety-net-benefits.html
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2023, 07:08:01 pm »
When someone, or something, other than yourself has a prior claim to the fruits of your labor, THAT is the very definition of slavery!

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the income tax!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2023, 07:16:46 pm »
When someone, or something, other than yourself has a prior claim to the fruits of your labor, THAT is the very definition of slavery!

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the income tax!

:facepalm2: