Author Topic: Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act Weather vs. Climate Page  (Read 136 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pragmatic Environmentalist of New  York

Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act Weather vs. Climate Page

The difference between weather and climate is constantly mistaken by Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (CLCPA) advocates.  This page references my evaluations of climatic effects that turned out to be weather events and examples of climate hype by other authors.  See another page of mine on climate claims for more information.

Roger Pielke Jr. explains that “When attribution claim are made, more is being conveyed than just scientific details about the causes of a particular disaster – a message is being sent that climate change is important and support for climate policies is the goal”.

Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act Section 1, Legislative findings and declaration states:

Climate change is adversely affecting economic well-being, public health, natural resources, and the environment of New York. The adverse impacts of climate change include:
an increase in the severity and frequency of extreme weather events, such as storms, flooding, and heat waves, which can cause direct injury or death, property damage, and ecological damage (e.g., through the release of hazardous substances into the environment);

https://pragmaticenvironmentalistofnewyork.blog/climate-leadership-and-community-protection-act/climate-leadership-and-community-protection-act-weather-vs-climate-page/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson