Author Topic: India’s uncompromising commitment to coal  (Read 123 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
India’s uncompromising commitment to coal
« on: January 29, 2023, 11:28:55 am »
India’s uncompromising commitment to coal
January 26, 2023 | Vijay Jayaraj |  Print Article

Op-ed views and opinions expressed are solely those of the author.

This week, the UK scrambled to ready its coal plants as wind turbines froze in extremely cold weather. It is no surprise as coal is one of the most reliable, affordable and abundant energy sources in the world.

In fact, coal is still the largest contributor to global power generation. Leaders of Asian countries know this and are not inclined to risk their objective of economic liberty with overreliance on highly volatile and expensive “renewable” technology.

A country soon to become the world’s most populous, India faces a plethora of challenges, and it does not want to add to the troubles of a sometimes-fragile energy system. So it is that strategists are keen on increasing the country’s dependency on coal despite global calls to reduce emissions from the combustion of fossil fuels.

Coal’s Critical Role in 20th-Century Poverty Alleviation

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/01/26/indias-uncompromising-commitment-to-coal-1327887/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson