Author Topic: The Wit and Wisdom of John Kennedy, R-La.... Don Surber  (Read 167 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Wit and Wisdom of John Kennedy, R-La.... Don Surber
« on: January 28, 2023, 08:03:39 pm »
The Wit and Wisdom of John Kennedy, R-La.
Don Surber

Good morning, Surb-scribers and future Surb-scribers!

When I was 7, America elected a fellow named John Kennedy president. He had been a senator and he was witty. His daddy was rich as he made money the way John Hancock did, by smuggling. Hancock smuggled tea. Kennedy’s dad smuggled hooch.

In 1958, Kennedy began a speech to the Gridiron Club — a journalist organization when newspapers ruled the land — by saying, “I have just received the following wire from my generous daddy: ‘Dear Jack — Don’t buy a single vote more than necessary — I’ll be damned if I am going to pay for a landslide.’”

Looking back as an adult, I realize he was not joking. He was bragging. But he was so charming that I secretly have wished for a Republican John Kennedy. Ronald Reagan came close. Donald Trump too. Maybe the John Kennedy we need is the senator by that very name from Louisiana. He uses humor and common sense to make his point and his points are always good ones.

more
https://donsurber.substack.com/p/with-all-due-respect-i-am-against?utm_source=post-email-title&publication_id=1115457&post_id=98405149&isFreemail=true&utm_medium=email
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34