Author Topic: Before a secret raid on an ISIS leader's mountain cave complex, US forces ran the mission at a speci  (Read 268 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Before a secret raid on an ISIS leader's mountain cave complex, US forces ran the mission at a special recreation of the target area
Story by jepstein@insider.com (Jake Epstein) • Yesterday 12:16 PM

US forces carried out a raid in northern Somalia this week and took out a top ISIS money man.

Before the operation, troops ran practice runs on a recreation of the mountainous target area.

It's a similar technique to the one used before the 2011 raid that brought down Osama bin Laden.

US forces extensively rehearsed a secret raid to take out a senior Islamic State financial operative this week, using a specially-built recreation of the rugged target area, US officials said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/before-a-secret-raid-on-an-isis-leader-s-mountain-cave-complex-us-forces-ran-the-mission-at-a-special-recreation-of-the-target-area/ar-AA16OkFr?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=bc3d7c118a0f4aa8b86013751dbf1cd1
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This comes as a surprise to someone?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!