Author Topic: Biden judicial nominee stumped by basic Constitution questions  (Read 175 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden judicial nominee stumped by basic Constitution questions
« on: January 28, 2023, 11:05:10 am »
Biden judicial nominee stumped by basic Constitution questions
Story by Mark Moore • Thursday

Wrong answer, Your Honor.

President Biden’s nominee for a federal judgeship in Washington state proved unable to answer simple questions about the Constitution from Sen. John Kennedy (R-La.) during her confirmation hearing.

“Tell me what Article V of the Constitution does,” Kennedy asked of Judge Charnelle Bjelkengren during the Senate Judiciary Committee’s proceedings Wednesday.

“Article V is not coming to mind at the moment,” Bjelkengren responded.

“How about Article II?” Kennedy pressed.

“Neither is Article II,” Bjelkengren blanked, leaving Kennedy scratching his head.

Biden nominated Bjelkengren to serve as federal judge in the Eastern District of Washington.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-judicial-nominee-stumped-by-basic-constitution-questions/ar-AA16M4TJ?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=bc3d7c118a0f4aa8b86013751dbf1cd1
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson