Author Topic: BREAKING: Massive Problem Emerges, Kevin McCarthy Might Not Be Able To Oust Rep. Omar After All  (Read 1209 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I believe McCarthy should apportion committee seats the same way the Dems did, and then sit back and watch Omar get bounced from the committee on a 26-24 vote.

He can't. He doesn't have the same power over committee appointments that Pelosi did.  The Freedom Caucus made sure of that.

Online Hoodat

He can't. He doesn't have the same power over committee appointments that Pelosi did.  The Freedom Caucus made sure of that.

Nonsense.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Nonsense.

The Rules controlling the House have already been passed.  It would take a majority vote to change the Rules, and the apportionment of committee seats.

He literally can't "just do it" on his own.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 02:58:12 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Hoodat

The Rules controlling the House have already been passed.  It would take a majority vote to change the Rules, and the apportionment of committee seats.

He literally can't "just do it" on his own.

So according to those rules, what will be the breakup between Republicans and Democrats on the Education committee?  The current split is 28-22.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

The Freedom Caucus negotiated and voted for him when a deal was made.

The idea that GOP members should go along  with what the majority of the caucus wants in the name of teamwork is gone.  At least for this Congress.

You see kicking Democrats of committees as being different from the Speaker fight  because you're a conservative.  But that's not how the RINO's see it, and there are enough of them stop anything else we may want to do.

That's why undermining caucus unity in the Speaker fight may not have been a good long-term move.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

So according to those rules, what will be the breakup between Republicans and Democrats on the Education committee?  The current split is 28-22.

I don't know, but it doesn't matter because a committee alone cannot expel a member.  It would take a majority of the whole House.

So if 5 RINO's vote against removing her, there isn't anything a damn thing that can be done about it.

Online Hoodat

You're not getting it.  Reducing the current Dem majority of 28 down to the minority number 22 requires removing 6 Democrat members and replacing them with 6 Republicans.  Omar can be one of the six.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-