Author Topic: BREAKING: Massive Problem Emerges, Kevin McCarthy Might Not Be Able To Oust Rep. Omar After All  (Read 1194 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BREAKING: Massive Problem Emerges, Kevin McCarthy Might Not Be Able To Oust Rep. Omar After All
By will January 27, 2023Updated:January 27, 2023

Speaker of the House Kevin McCarthy wants to give Ilhan Omar the boot from her committee assignments, but it’s looking like roadblocks might be in place that stop him from doing so.

There’s one roadblock in particular that McCarthy is facing: he might not have the votes necessary to give Rep. Omar the same boot he gave Swalwell and Schiff, as The Hill reported, saying that Rep. Victoria Spartz of Indiana and Rep. Nancy Mace of South Carolina have both indicated that they won’t back the move.

Rep. Spartz, in her statement on why she’s against it, said “Two wrongs do not make a right. As I spoke against it on the House floor two years ago, I will not support this charade again.” The “two years ago” line is a reference to when Democrats removed Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene and Rep. Paul Gosar from their committee assignments.

Rep. Mace, in her statement on why she would not support removing Rep. Omar, said “I’m not going to be a hypocrite just because Republicans are in the majority now. It’s not been a precedent in Congress to kick people off of their committees because of things that they say, even if you vehemently disagree with those things.”

Rep. Mace did say, however, that she was not a definite “no” and would withhold making a final judgment on the move until the resolution explaining why Omar should be removed is released.

more
https://trendingpoliticsnews.com/breaking-massive-problem-emerges-kevin-mccarthy-might-not-be-able-to-oust-rep-omar-after-all/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
WTF?

Nothing like building the start of a RINO resume' than let a Muzzie mole keep her seat in the Intelligence Committee.

I'd sure like to hear their reasoning.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

And, once again, the GOP starts the process of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Do Democrats ever take the high road?

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Do Democrats ever take the high road?

Except this is self inflicted.  These ladies are Republicans.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

And, once again, the GOP starts the process of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Did you ever doubt it?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
People, people! It is far more important to pose high, mighty, civil and righteous, with lights from above catching the pixie dust sparkles in our helmet head hair as we give our best pageant queen smile, than actually doing the right thing.

Wonder if these two glad hand and backslap with the rest of them.
The Republic is lost.

Online Hoodat

There’s one roadblock in particular that McCarthy is facing: he might not have the votes necessary to give Rep. Omar the same boot he gave Swalwell and Schiff, as The Hill reported, saying that Rep. Victoria Spartz of Indiana and Rep. Nancy Mace of South Carolina have both indicated that they won’t back the move.

OK, help me out here.  When Democrats held a 5-vote majority in the house, the Education committee seats were divvied up 28-22 in favor of the Dems.  With equal treatment, there should be 28 Republicans and 22 Democrats, which means that even without Spartz and Mace, there are still 26 Republicans to oppose 22 Dems and 2 Dem-lite Republicans.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline andy58-in-nh

They could f*** up a wet dream.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Someone needs to explain to the members if this caucas the concept of "team" and remind them if they run and win under the Republican team flag, they are expected to play on it----not as a free agent.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Catfish wrote:
"Except this is self inflicted.  These ladies are Republicans"

This is what happens when you put women into positions of political power.
They cave.

Women should not be permitted to hold political office.
Sorry if you don't like this post.
And yes, I'm 100% serious.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Someone needs to explain to the members if this caucas the concept of "team" and remind them if they run and win under the Republican team flag, they are expected to play on it----not as a free agent.

I think those ladies learned all they needed to learn about that concept from the Freedom Caucus during the Speaker election.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

McCarthy needs to banish those who don't play ball to the House Sub-sub-sub-subcommittee on Garbage Scow Safety.

No one respects a leader who does not assert his or her dominance over the pack, especially at the first sign of disrespect.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online Hoodat

If there are six more Republicans on a committee than there are Democrats, then two Dem-lite Republicans aren't enough to sway the vote.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline bilo

You're wrong! We are only a team when conservatives sacrifice their principals in order to give Rino's what they want.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

McCarthy needs to banish those who don't play ball to the House Sub-sub-sub-subcommittee on Garbage Scow Safety.

No one respects a leader who does not assert his or her dominance over the pack, especially at the first sign of disrespect.

So I assume you also  believe McCarthy should act the same way now towards the members of the Freedom Caucus who refused to join the majority of the caucus in supporting him for the speakership?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 12:28:26 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

So I assume you also  believe McCarthy should act the same way now towards the members of the Freedom Caucus who refused to join the majority of the caucus in supporting him for the speakership?

One of the main goals of the Freedom Caucus was to deprive the speaker of the exact kind of power you're saying he now should wield. They wanted a speaker in  a straight jacket, and that's what they got.  And most cheered when they did.

This is one of the consequences of that.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 12:25:28 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Hoodat

If Omar had been prosecuted for violating immigration laws and deported the last time there was a Republican in the White House, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Why are Republican Congressmen defending a Dem Congress-person's committee assignment?

That's not the same as putting legislation on the floor or proposing amendments.

Pelosi set the precedent.  The Dems only have themselves to blame.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

You're wrong! We are only a team when conservatives sacrifice their principals in order to give Rino's what they want.

What conservative principle is being upheld by voting to keep Omar on the Intelligence Committee?

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

One of the main goals of the Freedom Caucus was to deprive the speaker of the exact kind of power you're saying he now should wield. They wanted a speaker in  a straight jacket, and that's what they got.  And most cheered when they did.

This is one of the consequences of that.

The Freedom Caucus negotiated and voted for him when a deal was made. These two are issuing ultimatums over a seriously compromised Dem congress person.

Conversely, they are doing what they accused the FC of doing, and wanted to banish them for it. They should get what they wanted to do.
The Republic is lost.

I think those ladies learned all they needed to learn about that concept from the Freedom Caucus during the Speaker election.

Vastly different circumstances. 

Online Hoodat

What conservative principle is being upheld by voting to keep Omar on the Intelligence Committee?

There is zero connection between this question and the statement it references.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

I believe McCarthy should apportion committee seats the same way the Dems did, and then sit back and watch Omar get bounced from the committee on a 26-24 vote.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-