Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Mexican Cartel Smugglers Use Budget Airline to Move Haitians near Texas Border  (Read 151 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
EXCLUSIVE: Mexican Cartel Smugglers Use Budget Airline to Move Haitians near Texas Border

ILDEFONSO ORTIZ and BRANDON DARBY26 Jan 202328

Cartel-connected human smugglers are using a faster and cheaper way to move primarily Haitian migrants from Mexico City to the border city of Reynosa. Using a bureaucratic loophole and sometimes corrupt immigration officials, smugglers are able to use low-cost airlines instead of ground transportation.

For several weeks, Breitbart Texas traveled through Mexico speaking with migrants and officials from the National Migration Institute (INM) to uncover the inner workings of the new pathway. The journey begins in Tapachula, Chiapas, where Haitians can legally enter and claim asylum.

Individuals can pay corrupt INM officials $3,000 for a humanitarian ID granting migrants asylum in Mexico. They can also obtain one after spending three months in Chiapas under the care of the federal refugee agency COMAR.

Along with the ID, migrants also get or purchase a Mexican version of a Social Security number known as CURP. A top INM official in Tamaulipas revealed to Breitbart Texas that in the case of Haitian and Cuban migrants, the CURP even includes a photograph.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2023/01/26/exclusive-mexican-cartel-smugglers-use-budget-airline-to-move-haitians-near-texas-border/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson